Central Grocery ships its legendary muffulettas nationwide on Goldbelly! The muffuletta sandwich is uniquely New Orleans from start to finish, and nobody does it better than the originators, Central Grocery! Each muffuletta sandwich is made on a 10-inch round Sicilian sesame loaf that stays crusty despite all its fillings. It’s piled with ham, salami, mortadella, Swiss, Provolone, and a signature briny marinated olive salad made with olives and other tasty pickled veggies.
Central Grocery first opened its doors in the heart of New Orleans’ French Quarter in 1906 and not much has changed since. Its first owner was Salvatore Lupo, who invented the legendary muffuletta right here. The sandwich was devised as an easier way to serve farmers who would stop by for a Sicilian lunch where meats and cheeses were traditionally eaten separately. Instead, he piled all the components into a loaf of bread, and the rest is history: the original muffuletta, and still the best.
Each package includes Two 10" muffuletta sandwiches and serves 6-8 people
- As each Muffuletta is made fresh to order, all orders must be placed by Noon CST prior to the ship date.
Imported Salami, Ham, Emmental Swiss, Provolone Cheese, Mortadella, Olives, Celery, Cauliflower, Carrots, Peppers, Olive Oil, Cottonseed/canola oil, garlic, salt, vinegar, secret spices, Sesame Seeds, Pistachios
Instructions / Storage
- No prep required
- Sandwiches arrive ready-to-eat in temperature controlled boxes. Upon arrival place them in the fridge and we recommend serving them within 3 days
- Central Grocery ships Tuesday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii will incur an additional $35 charge for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.