The American Coney Island Hot Dog has been a favorite with Detroiters and visitors for nearly a century. The reasons for the great popularity of the Amercan Coney Island is the high quality, specially-seasoned, natural skin casing hot dog from Dearborn Sausage and Coney Island’s very own Keros family secret recipe Coney Island Chili Sauce developed decades ago. Add to that a topping of fine mustard and sweet chopped onions that is the final touch to the distinctive overall taste and flavor of the American Coney Island Hot Dog. Served in a warm steamed bun, it’s no wonder the American Coney Island Hot Dog has been such a tantalizing treat that’s still hard to beat after all these years.
Each American Coney kit contains:
- 12 Dearborn Sausage brand special recipe hotdogs
- 12 buns
- 1 sweet onion
- The famous Keros family Detroit chili sauce
- 1 paper “waiters” hat
Hot Dogs: 90% beef, 10% pork, lamb skin casing, secret spice blend
Chili: Beef, secret spice blend
Instructions / Storage
Hot Dogs are shipped frozen and may arrive thawed. Refrigerate or freeze upon arrival.
For best results follow these instructions:
- Add 1 cup of water to chili, heat on stove and stir
- We recommend reheating the hot dogs on a grill or pan- for the best tasting results, don’t boil
- Warm buns in oven, toaster oven or over a grill.
- Place cooked hot dogs in buns cover with chili and onions
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- American Coney Island ships only on Mondays
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders cannot be shipped to Alaska and Hawaii. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.