Afuri’s asari shoyu ramen has hot thin noodles served with chicken & clam broth, chashu pork, seasoned bamboo shoots, nori, shoyu tare, and truffle paste.
Afuri, which opened its first location outside of Japan in Portland in 2016, isn’t your run-of-the-mill ramen shop. They specialize in yuzu-style ramen, made with a small Asian citrus fruit called yuzu, and a clear chicken-based broth that’s lighter than the more common pork-based tonkotsu. The addition of yuzu balances out the ramen’s richness, and it lightens and brightens the broth.
This package serves 3 people and includes everything you need to make 3 bowls of Asari Shoyu Ramen:
- 3 portions Thin Noodles
- 3 portions Shoyu Broth with Truffle Paste (each 12 oz.)
- 3 portions Chashu Pork (each 1.05 oz.)
- 3 Bamboo Shoots (each .88 oz.)
- 3 pieces of Nori Seaweed
- 3 Branded Ramen Cups
- 3 sets of Chopsticks
Shoyu Tare, Chicken And Clam Broth, Truffle Paste, Seasoned Bamboo Shoots, Chashu Pork, Nori Seaweed. Allergens: Gluten, Soy, Egg, Fin Fish, Shellfish, Mollusk, Nightshade, Allium (Contains Soybean Product)
Instructions / Storage
- Ramen Kits ship frozen with ice packs
- Ice Packs may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival, place immediately in the freezer, fridge, or prepare
- DO NOT Allow kits to come to room temperature
- May be kept refrigerated for up to 2 days or frozen for up to 1 week
- Fill sauce pot and stock pot with water and bring to a boil.
- Add 1 bag of broth for each portion to boiling sauce pot, and bring to a full boil (about 5 minutes).
- When water comes back to a full boil, add the bags of chashu and bamboo shoots, then cook for 1 minute.
- After 1 minute, turn off the heat, and let the bags rest in the water until ready to serve.
- Add 1 portion of noodles for each packet of brother to the boiling stock pot.
- Stir to separate the noodles, and cook for 1 minute & 30 seconds.
- Strain into a colander. Rinse the noodles thoroughly in cold water to remove the starch. Drain the water.
- When ready to serve, pour hot tap water through the noodles, while stirring to reheat them. Drain completely once hot.
- Place the noodles in a bowl, then open the bags of broth, one at a time, and pour the contents into one bowl per bag.
- Repeat the previous step with the chashu and bamboo shoots.
- Add one portion cup of yuzu to each bowl and finish off with a sheet of nori.
- Afuri ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.