With the holidays coming up, you need a way to feed a crowd. Liebman’s High Holiday Dinner comes with all the fixings for brisket dinner with your choosing and a bounty of favorite sides.
When Joseph Liebman opened his restaurant in 1953, there were over 100 Jewish delis in the Bronx. Today, Liebman’s is the only one standing. For too many people, stepping into Liebman’s is a time warp—from its simple neon sign, to the no frills Formica tabletops and padded booths, this deli is a genuine taste of old New York.
This package serves 4 -6 people and includes:
- 2 lbs Thick Cut Brisket
- 1 pt. Beef Gravy
- 4 pts. Matzo Ball Soup
- Your Choice of Side:
- Your Choice of Kugel (measures 7")
- 3/4 pt. Carrot Tsimmes,
- 8 slices Delicatessen Rye Bread
- 1 qt. Pickles (full or half sour)
- 3/4 qt. Coleslaw
- 8 Mini Black & White Cookies
Side Options Include
- 1 qt. Kasha Varnishkas
- 1 qt. Egg Barley Pasta with Mushrooms
Kugel Options Include
- 1 Potato Kugel
- 1 Sweet Noodle Kugel
Rye Bread: flour, water, yeast, salt
Pickles: cucumber, water, salt, spices.
Kugel (plain potato): potato, onions, eggs, canola oil, salt, pepper, flour, granulated garlic, baking powder
Kugel (noodle): noodles, eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, water, salt, cinnamon, assorted fruits
Carrot Tsimmes: carrots, dried prunes, brown sugar, salt, pineapple juice, spices
Broth: chicken, onions, celery, water, salt, pepper, herbs
Matzo Ball: eggs, matzo meal, schmaltz, salt, pepper, baking powder, garlic powder
Instructions / Storage
- Meat is made to order and flash frozen for shipping
- Upon arrival, place all items in the refrigerator. To serve later, place the meat and bread in the freezer
- Allow meat to thaw in the refrigerator for a few hours or on a countertop before serving
- To serve, follow the instructions below
- Boil a large pot of water
- Place the entire package of meat into the water and reduce heat to low (do not open package prior to submerging. And don’t worry, the plastic is designed withstand the heat)
- If meat is thawed, heat for 5-6 minutes. If frozen, heat for 10-15 minutes
- Remove from heat and slice open package
- Your sandwich is ready for assembling!
Matzo Ball Soup
- Place thawed soup in a microwave safe bowl and heat on high for 3-4 minutes. Soup can also be warmed on a stove top
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Liebman’s Deli ships Monday through Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.