There wasn’t always a Gramercy Tavern Burger. Acclaimed chef Michael Anthony was reluctant to add a burger to the menu, concerned it would somehow overshadow the rest of the menu. After years of requests, he finally relented offering a select number only available for a narrow time window each day in the “tavern” portion of Danny Meyer’s iconic restaurant. That satisfied diners…for a short while at least.
Soon requests for the burger were coming at all hours of the day (and night) and Chef Anthony ultimately did something he never imagined doing: adding a burger to Gramercy’s farm to table focused menu. But this is no ordinary burger. The Gramercy Tavern Burger is a 50/25/25 chuck/brisket/short rib beef blend, chopped daily in the Gramercy Tavern kitchen from a collective of farms in upstate New York and Vermont. The buns, those glorious buns, are baked in house every single morning. Added for extra delicious measure, are a slice of Cabot Cheddar and multiple pieces of belly cut bacon, all creating what many believe is the best burger found anywhere in New York City. And now, for the first time every, also in your very own home.
This package includes everything you need to make 4 Gramercy Tavern Burgers in your own home (or backyard grill):
- 4 – 50/25/25 chuck/brisket/short rib beef blend burger patties chopped daily in the Gramercy Tavern kitchen
- 4 buns baked fresh in Gramercy Tavern
- 4 slices of Cabot Cheddar Cheese
- At least 8 slices of house cured bacon
Instructions / Storage
- Ships with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Store in the freezer until ready to cook or refrigerate for 24 hours prior to cooking
- BURGER: Lightly brush Hamburger with cooking oil. Season with Kosher salt and pepper. Grill to desired temperature.
- BACON: Grill bacon until crispy.
- BUN: Toast the bun
- TO ASSEMBLE: Melt the cheese on the burger patty. Place patty on toasted bun and top with bacon. Enjoy!
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Gramercy Tavern ships Monday – Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.