There wasn’t always a Gramercy Tavern Burger. Acclaimed chef Michael Anthony was reluctant to add a burger to the menu, concerned it would somehow overshadow the rest of the menu. After years of requests, he finally relented offering a select number only available for a narrow time window each day in the “Tavern” portion of Danny Meyer’s iconic restaurant. That satisfied diners…for a short while at least.
Soon requests for the burger were coming at all hours of the day (and night) and Chef Anthony ultimately did something he never imagined doing: adding a burger to Gramercy’s farm-to-table focused menu. But this is no ordinary burger. The Gramercy Tavern Burger is a 70/30 chuck/brisket beef blend, chopped daily in the Gramercy Tavern kitchen from a collective of farms in upstate New York and Vermont. The buns are brought in from Orwasher’s Bakery. Added for extra delicious measure, is a slice of Shelburne Cheddar, multiple pieces of belly-cut bacon, all topped with their signature smoked onion aioli, creating what many believe is the best burger found anywhere in New York City. And now, for the first time ever, also in your very own home.
With a Michelin Star and volumes of accolades, Gramercy Tavern is a top New York restaurant on America’s culinary bucket list. Hailed as one of the “most delightful places” by the Michelin Guide and “arguably unrivaled” by The New York Times, Gramercy Tavern was a leading pioneer of the farm-to-table movement since its inception in 1994. Chef Michael Anthony’s contemporary American menu and fiercely seasonal menu are true gems — showcasing Gramercy Tavern’s relationships with local farms and purveyors. The restaurant has earned nine James Beard Awards, including “Outstanding Restaurant” and “Outstanding Chef in America”.
This package includes everything you need to make 4 Gramercy Tavern Burgers in your own home (or backyard grill):
- 4 burger patties
- 4 sesame buns from Orwasher’s Bakery
- 4 slices of 1-year-old Shelburne Cheddar
- 8 slices of smoked belly-cut bacon
- Gramercy Tavern’s signature smoked onion aioli (3 oz.)
The Gramercy Tavern Burger: 70/30 chuck/brisket beef blend burger patties chopped daily in the Gramercy Tavern kitchen
Instructions / Storage
- Ships with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Store in the freezer until ready to cook or refrigerate for 24 hours prior to cooking
- BURGER: Lightly brush Hamburger with cooking oil. Season with Kosher salt and pepper. Grill to desired temperature.
- BACON: Grill bacon until crispy.
- BUN: Toast the bun
- TO ASSEMBLE: Melt the cheese on the burger patty. Place patty on toasted bun and top with bacon and a touch of smoked onion aioli. Enjoy!
- Gramercy Tavern ships Monday – Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.