Zahav’s famous hummus is now available in your home for the first time! Two pints of hummus arrive with a dozen pita and six 8-ounce portions of classic vegan Zahav Salatim: beets with tehina, Moroccan carrots, twice-cooked eggplant, pickled Napa cabbage, spicy fennel, and matbucha. The spread also includes 2 ounces each of the restaurant’s schug and harissa for those who like it spicy! The spread serves 6-8 as a snack or a complete vegan meal.
Established in 2008, Philadelphia’s Zahav (Hebrew for “Gold”) is the trailblazing restaurant that helped put the rich melting pot of Israeli cuisine at the forefront of American dining today. Zahav is helmed by Chef Michael Solomonov, the beloved champion of Israel’s extraordinarily diverse and vibrant culinary landscape. In 2019, Zahav was named “Outstanding Restaurant” by the James Beard Foundation, and in 2017, Chef Solomonov was named the country’s “Outstanding Chef” by the James Beard Foundation.
This package serves 8 people and includes everything you need to enjoy Zahav’s Hummus & Salatim Spread:
- Hummus (32 oz)
- Beets with Tehina (8 oz)
- Pickled Napa Cabbage (8 oz)
- Moroccan Carrots (8 oz)
- Matbucha (8 oz)
- Spicy Fennel (8 oz)
- Twice-cooked Eggplant (8 oz)
- Schug (4 oz)
- Harissa (4 oz)
- 12 Pitas (each pita is 3 oz and measures 6" in diameter)
Hummus: Chickpeas, Tehina, Lemon Juice, Garlic, Cumin, Salt, Olive Oil
Beets with Tehina: Beets, Salt, Tehina, Lemon Juice, Garlic, Cumin, Olive Oil, Mint, Dill, Parsley
Pickled Napa Cabbage: Napa Cabbage, Red Onions, Red Wine Vinegar, Sumac, Mint, Dill, Parsley
Moroccan Carrots: Carrots, Harissa (Chile Peppers, Bell Peppers, Garlic, Red Wine Vinegar, Canola Oil, Caraway, Coriander, Cumin, Salt), Lemon, Salt, Sugar, Coriander, Black Lime, Cloves, Olive Oil, Cilantro, Mint, Dill, Pine Nuts
Matbucha: Onion, Garlic, Bell Peppers, Paprika, Coriander, Honey, Crushed Tomato, Salt, Lemon Juice, Cilantro, Olive Oil
Spicy Fennel: Fennel, Schug (Chile Peppers, Parsley, Cilantro, Coriander, Cardamom, Ginger, Garlic, Canola Oil), Lemon, Dill, Cilantro
Twice-Cooked Eggplant: Eggplant, Bell Peppers, Onions, Sherry Vinegar, Parsley, Salt, Canola Oil
Schug: Chile Peppers, Parsley, Cilantro, Coriander, Cardamom, Ginger, Garlic, Canola Oil
Harissa: Chile Peppers, Bell Peppers, Garlic, Red Wine Vinegar, Canola Oil, Caraway, Coriander, Cumin, Salt
Pita: Flour, Water, Sugar, Yeast, Salt
Instructions / Storage
- Meal Kit ships fresh with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival, place all items in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Enjoy within 3 days of arrival.
- 45 minutes before you are ready to eat, preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove all the items from the refrigerator and allow them to come to room temperature.
- Wrap the pita in foil and place it in the oven
- Arrange the hummus and salatim in serving dishes.
- Remove the pita after about 20 minutes in the oven.
- Btei Avon! (Time to Eat!)
- Meal Kits from Zahav ship Tuesdays and Wednesdays of each week.
- Meal Kits from Abe Fisher ship Wednesdays and Thursdays of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.