Yonah Schimmel Knishes has been a neighborhood fixture on the Lower East Side since the 1890s. Today, they still make these classic Jewish specialty foods the traditional way—hand wrapping a filling of potatoes or kasha (buckwheat grain) with a thin layer of dough before sending it to the oven to bake. In this Sweet Knish 6 pack, Yonah Schimmel gives the classic knish a sweet, cheesy twist. This pack features flavors such as Apple Cheese, Cherry Cheese, Blueberry Cheese, Chocolate Cheese, Plain Cheese and Apple Strudel.
Yonah Schimmel Knishes has been a neighborhood fixture on New York City’s Lower East Side since the 1890s, when rabbi Yonah Schimmel began selling knishes from a pushcart and then a storefront. The oldest knishery in America still makes knishes the traditional way — hand wrapping a filling of potatoes or kasha (buckwheat grain) with a thin layer of dough before sending it to the oven to bake. On top of the traditional potato and kasha knishes, this Jewish bakery makes modern flavors—sweet potato, mushroom, broccoli, and even sweet cheese ones!
- This package includes 6 sweet cheese knishes
- Each knish is approximately 4"
- Yonah Schimmel Knish is Kosher Cup certified
This product ships overnight during the summer.
Knish Flavor Options
- Apple Cheese – Scrumptious combination of apples and cheese
- Cherry Cheese – Sweet and tart cherries with creamy cheese, what a perfect combination
- Blueberry Cheese – If you like blueberries, you’ll love this knish
- Chocolate Cheese – Chocolate lovers delight
- Plain Cheese – This may sound simple, but it’s just absolutely yummy
- Apple Strudel – Better than apple pie (Vegan)
Instructions / Storage
- Knishes are made fresh and shipped with ice packs that may thaw partially or fully during transit
- Upon arrival, place the knishes in the refrigerator
- To serve, heat knishes in a microwave for 2 minutes or in a 350F oven covered with foil for 10 minutes or until warm. Remove the foil for the last few minutes for a crispy knish. Best enjoyed with some deli mustard!
- To store, wrap the knishes individually with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months. To serve after frozen, heat the knish as noted above. There is no need to thaw the knish before heating
- Yonah Schimmel Knishes ships Monday through Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.