Yonah Schimmel Knishes ships its famous knishes nationwide on Goldbelly! Yonah Schimmel Knishes has been a neighborhood fixture on the Lower East Side since the 1890s. Today, they still make these classic Jewish specialty foods the traditional way — hand wrapping a filling of potatoes or kasha (buckwheat grain) with a thin layer of dough before sending it to the oven to bake. Mix and match your favorite flavors in this Choose Your Own Knishes 18 Pack!
Ever since the 1890s, when rabbi Yonah Schimmel began selling knishes from a pushcart and then a storefront, Yonah Schimmel Knishes has been a neighborhood fixture on New York City’s Lower East Side. The Oldest Knishery in America still makes knishes the old-fashioned way — hand wrapping a filling of potatoes or kasha (buckwheat grain) with a thin layer of dough before sending it to the oven to bake. In addition to the traditional potato and kasha knishes, this Jewish bakery makes modern flavors as well, like sweet potato, mushroom, broccoli, and sweet cheese.
- This package includes 18 knishes
- Choose six of your favorite knish flavors from the options below
- Each knish is approximately 4"
- Yonah Schimmel Knish is Kosher Cup certified
This product ships overnight during the summer.
- Potato – The original and quintessential knish with fresh potatoes baked to perfection
- Kasha – Yonah Schimmel’s delicious family recipe with buckwheat, one of a kind savory flavor. So healthy and delicious
- Sweet Potato – What a mouth watering super delight. A combination of sweet and salty
- Mushroom – An exciting flavor combination of mushrooms mixed with potatoes
- Spinach – A delicious mixture of potato and spinach, an irresistible combination
- Broccoli – Yonah Schimmel’s amazing potato Knish filled with delicious broccoli
- Red Cabbage – An absolutely wonderful and tasteful Knish featuring fresh delicious red cabbage
- Mixed Vegetable – Potatoes with peas, corn, carrots and string beans. A delicious flavor to ravish
- Apple Cheese – Scrumptious combination of apples and cheese
- Cherry Cheese – Sweet and tart cherries with creamy cheese, what a perfect combination
- Blueberry Cheese – If you like blueberries, you’ll love this knish
- Chocolate Cheese – Chocolate lovers delight
- Plain Cheese – This may sound simple, but it’s just absolutely yummy
- Apple Strudel – Better than apple pie
Potato, Kasha, Spinach, Sweet Potato, Mushroom, Vegetable, Broccoli, And Red Cabbage Knishes are Vegan
Instructions / Storage
- Knishes are made fresh and shipped with ice packs that may thaw partially or fully during transit
- Upon arrival, place the knishes in the refrigerator
- To serve, heat knishes in a microwave for 2 minutes or in a 350F oven covered with foil for 10 minutes or until warm. Remove the foil for the last few minutes for a crispy knish. Best enjoyed with some deli mustard!
- To store, wrap the knishes individually with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or freezer for up to 3 months. To serve after frozen, heat the knish as noted above. There is no need to thaw the knish before heating
- Yonah Schimmel Knishes ships Monday through Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.