Valerie Confections ships its famous Blum’s Coffee Crunch Cake nationwide on Goldbelly! One of Valerie Gordon’s many talents is rediscovering historical California cakes. Thanks to Valerie, fans old and new can rest easy knowing that this otherworldly cake has been resurrected. Featuring two layers of sponge cake in a delicate coffee whipped cream frosting, covered in delicious bits of crunch — it’s no wonder Nora Ephron, who calls this “The Greatest Cake in History,” used to ask Valerie Confections to ship the cake to her.
Founded in 2004 in Los Angeles, Valerie Confections is recognized as one of the top artisan confectioners in the country. Founder and chocolatier Valerie Gordon’s talents have been widely celebrated by the media and locals alike. One talent of hers is recreating the recipes of historic California cakes, most notably the famous Coffee Crunch Cake from Blum’s Bakery. When Blum’s closed in the 1980s, the recipe for their Coffee Crunch Cake was a well-kept secret at risk of disappearing forever. But at the request of the Los Angeles Times, Gordon stepped in as the hero and detective. And we all thank the universe she did because this cake is a revelation!
This package serves 10-12 people and includes a 9" Blum’s Coffee Crunch Cake
- Crunch candies arrive packaged separately and are easily applied when the cake is ready to serve
Cake: sugar, flour, eggs, canola oil, water, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla extract, cream of tartar, salt Crunch: sugar, light corn syrup, coffee, baking soda
Coffee Whipped Cream: cream, sugar, instant coffee, vanilla extract
Instructions / Storage
- The Blum’s Coffee Crunch Cake ships frozen with dry ice
- Do not touch dry ice with bare hands
- Upon the receipt, the cake should be placed in the freezer and may be stored there up to 2 weeks
- The sealed bag of crunch should be left at room temperature
- Remove cake from the freezer
- Remove the plastic collar from the cake (while still frozen)
- Leave at room temperature, away from direct sunlight to thaw for 1.5 hours
- Once thawed, place crunch on the exterior of cake by lightly pressing handfuls of crunch into the whipped cream
- After serving, if there is any leftover, please refrigerate the cake
- The crunch will dissolve over time
- Cake may still be enjoyed up to 2 days after the thaw
Please Note: Valerie Confections uses a plastic straw to stabilize the cake in transit, be mindful while serving to remove the strawDownload Storage and Prep Instructions
- Valerie Confections ships Monday-Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.