Mix and match Welle Made’s signature hand pies! To complement the Get Curried Away Hand Pies take your pick from either the Ghana Borga Hand Pies or the O! Chick’n Hand Pies.
The Welle Made Company was founded by Rose Essiem to honor her grandfather, who was the cornerstone of her tight-knit family and community in Accra, the capital of the West African nation of Ghana. Every day after school, Rose and her grandfather would snack on traditional hand pies, which are the country’s most popular street food. She’s carrying on his legacy by turning out flaky, buttery-crusted hand pies brimming with traditional West African flavors.
This package serves 6 people and includes your choice of 6 Hand Pies.
Hand Pie Options Include
- Get Curried Away Hand Pies – Skip the salad line and break into this hearty coconut vegetable curry pie. It’ll leave you feeling satisfied and craving a second one. Break into this flaky, buttery crust at your own risk and whet your appetite as the creamy coconut curry oozes out.
- Ghana Borga Hand Pies – This signature West African street food is the perfect comfort food any time of day. It’s full of tender beef that’s been slow-cooked to perfectly compliment the flaky buttery crust. Go ahead grab two, because one just won’t do.
- O! Chick’n Hand Pies – The O! Chick’n is a nod to the popular South African chicken and mushroom pie. Its flaky, buttery crust is filled with tender chicken, vegetables, fresh herbs, and spices. It pairs nicely with your favorite soup or winter salad for a quick and easy meal.
Ghana Borga Hand Pies – Flour, Butter, Ground Beef, Garlic, Onions, Sweet And Spicy Peppers, Cayenne Pepper, Black Pepper, Sea Salt, Eggs
O! Chick’n Hand Pies – Flour, Butter, Chicken, Garlic, Rosemary, Mushrooms, Goat Cheese, Spinach, Scallions, Habanero, Black Pepper, Sea Salt, Eggs
Get Curried Away Hand Pies – Flour, Butter, Chickpeas, Spinach, Potatoes, Coconut Milk, Curry Powder, Black Peper, Sea Salt, Eggs
Instructions / Storage
- Hand Pies ship fully baked and frozen with ice packs (may thaw in transit)
- Upon arrival, remove hand pies from packaging and immediately place vacuum-sealed packs in the freezer
- Hand Pies should be allowed to thaw overnight in the refrigerator or on the counter for an hour before baking
- The pies are best kept frozen until ready to consume. Pies can be frozen for up to one year.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Place the hand pies on a baking sheet and bake for 7-10 minutes.
- Remove hand pies from the oven.
- The Welle Made Company ships Monday-Friday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.