Oprah & Gayle's Maine Lobster Favorites - 2 Pot Pies & 2 Pizzas
Travel & Leisure, Oprah’s O Magazine and Food Network’s “The Best Thing I Ever Ate,” have identified this historic getaway on Main Street in the coastal town of Kennebunk, Maine as the place for some of the most sublime Maine lobster dishes in New England. Known for legendary Maine lobster pot pies and lobster white truffle pizzas. Since 2003, owners Shanna & Brian O’Hea have been offering a taste of the East Coast that you just can’t find anywhere else.
Will one of Oprah’s Favorite Things become yours? As featured in O Magazine, this kit includes two ready-to-bake Lobster Pot Pies and two signature Lobster White Truffle Pizzas, featuring a crispy whole wheat crust topped with herbs from the inn’s garden, Havarti and mozzarella cheeses, and white truffle oil. Each dish comes with fresh, never frozen, cooked Maine lobster meat from the tail, knuckle and claws. Simply follow the can’t-mess-it-up instructions included and pair with your favorite white wine to complete the meal.
This package serves 4 people and includes:
- 2 Lobster White Truffle Pizzas – This signature dish comes with whole-wheat crust topped with a cream sauce infused with herbs from the inn’s garden, Havarti and mozzarella cheeses, spinach, roasted tomatoes, and white truffle oil. After you bake it, following the easy instructions, top with the included freshly picked, fully cooked Maine lobster meat and pair it with your favorite Chardonnay or white wine of choice to enjoy the Kennebunk Inn experience
- 2 Lobster Pot Pies – The dish that made the Kennebunk Inn famous, this ready-to-bake kit comes with everything you need to make the Academe’s signature comfort-food dish, heralded by the Food Network, Oprah, and Travel and Leisure. The famous puff-pastry-topped pot pies arrive fresh, never frozen or even cooked, so that you can pop them in the oven to bake, and savor the same level of freshness you’d get if you were at the restaurant
Instructions / Storage
- Lobster products ship fresh with ice packs which may thaw partially or fully during transit
- Upon arrival, place lobster meat in the refrigerator and puff pastry & pizza shells in the freezer. Lobster meat can be kept refrigerated for 4 days or frozen for one month. Puff pastry and pizza shell can be frozen for one month and should be kept frozen until needed. Sea-salt compound butter, brioche hot dog rolls and pot pie filling can be frozen for one month and thawed in the refrigerator overnight
- To Heat Pizzas: Place pizza on an oiled tray or pizza stone. Heat in a 425F preheated oven for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and beginning to brown. While pizza is cooking, place lobster meat in a pan with 1 tablespoon of butter on low to warm slightly. Take pizza out of oven and top with warmed lobster. Slice and serve!
- To Heat Pot Pies: Place puff pastry lids on a greased tray and heat in a 400F preheated oven for 6-10 minutes until puffed and golden brown. Pot pie filling can be warmed by placing the sealed bag in simmering water for 8 minutes or by cutting open the bag and heating the filling in a pan over the stove. Heat until filling begins to boil and thicken. Pour filling into warmed ramekins and top with puff pastry. Enjoy!
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- The Kennebunk Inn ships Tuesday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.