Vegetarian Poutine Kit - Large
Poutine is definitely having a moment right now, and Chris and Matt Urakami, also known as the Poutine Brothers, are doing it right. From their Los Angeles food truck, they’re putting creative twists on the beloved Canadian dish and earning heaps of praise (not to mention plenty of diehard fans) in the process.
A DIY Poutine Kit with fresh hand-cut french fries, Wisconsin white cheddar cheese curds and rich homemade vegan gravy, for a vegetarian take on what our neighbors to the North call their national dish. Gluten-free!
This package serves 10-12 people and includes everything you need to make Short Ribs Poutine
- 60 oz. French Fries
- 50 oz. Vegan Gravy
- 24 oz. Cheese Curds
“Fries – canola oil, potatoes
Cheese Curds – pasteurized milk, cheese culture, salt, enzymes, natamycin (natural perservative)
Vegan Gravy – water, earth balance vegan butter, not ‘chickn’ boullion, pepper, poultry seasoning, corn starch”
Instructions / Storage
- This package ships frozen with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival, place in the fridge or freeze immediately
- May be kept frozen or refrigerated for up to 1 week
- Remove curds from fridge for at least an hour so they’re room temperature when serving.
- Heat gravy in saucepan on medium to low (you may need to add a little water to thin out to desired thickness). Use whisk or wooden spoon to stir.
Making the Perfect French Fry- Frying in Oil
- Fill 1/3 of pot with canola oil, heat to 350 degrees
- Fry for 3-5 minutes (if your oil smokes, it’s too hot and remove from heat)
- Move fries around in oil using tongs or fork to prevent fries from sticking together in early stages
- Strain the fries from oil and salt immediately.
Making the Perfect French Fry- Oven
- Heat oven to 425
- Bake for 6-8 minutes, then turn up heat to 475 for final minute or to desired crispiness
- Salt Immediately
- The base will be the French fries
- Add Cheese curds (don’t be shy)
- Ladle gravy over the dish (again, don’t be shy!)
- Poutine Brothers ships Monday, Wednesday, & Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.