This kit includes all the classic dishes that have been on the menu since Pig and Khao opened in 2012!
Papaya Salad is the perfect way to start off the meal because it is light, fresh, and has great texture from crispy taro and peanuts.
The Khao Soi, a deeply flavorful coconut chicken curry, has earned a cult following, because it packs a ton of flavor from curry powder and curry paste, all while still being balanced.
Sisig is a pork lover’s dream. It has great texture from all the different parts of the pig being used and is just rich enough to make you wanna keep eating it. It’s packed with a ton of umami from fish sauce and Maggi sauce and a pop of brightness from lime leaves and lime juice.
The Coconut Rice strikes the perfect balance of creamy, sweet, and savory.
And with Thai Tea Rice Krispie Treats to add a little extra joy, this is the perfect meal kit to enjoy Pig and Khao in your own home!
Growing up, chef Leah Cohen’s Filipino mother introduced her to the eclectic and flavorful cuisine of Southeast Asia during annual expeditions to the region, and Pig & Khao is her ode to this culinary heritage. Opened in 2012 on New York’s Lower East Side, Pig & Khao is a warm, inviting, and casual hotspot that’s earned raves for Cohen’s ability to incorporate classical Western cooking techniques with authentic Southeast Asian flavors. Cohen famously competed on season 5 of “Top Chef” in 2008.
This package serves 2 people and includes:
- Papaya Salad
- Shredded Papaya and Carrots (7 oz)
- Dressing (3 oz)
- Peanuts (1 oz)
- Fried Shoestring Taro (0.5 oz)
- Crispy Shallots (0.5 oz)
- Khao Soi
- Kha Soi Broth (15 oz)
- Chicken Thighs (4 oz)
- Raw Wonton Noodles (5 oz)
- Fried Wonton Noodles (5 oz)
- Diced Onion (1.5 oz)
- Pickled Mustard Greens (1.5 oz)
- 1 Whole Lime
- Cooked Pork (7.5 oz)
- Diced Onion (1.5 oz)
- Minced Garlic (0.5 oz)
- Minced Ginger (0.5 oz)
- 1-2 Whole Red Thai Chilli Peppers (depending on size)
- Kaffir Lime Leaves (1 oz)
- Maggi Sauce (1.5 oz)
- Cilantro Leaves (0.2 oz)
- Coconut Rice (16 oz)
- Rice (17.5 oz)
- Coconut Sauce (5 oz)
- Thai Tea Rice Krispies Treats (2 treats: 7 oz total)
- Each Rice Krispie Treat measures 2″ × 3″
- Papaya Salad:
Shredded Papaya and Carrots, Mint, Cilantro, Vietnamese Mint. Dressing (Fish Sauce, Lime Juice, Scallion Oil [Canola Oil For The Base], Sugar and Fresh Red Thai Chili), Peanuts (Chopped, Roasted, and Unsalted), Fried Shoestring Taro (Fried In Canola Oil), Crispy Shallots (Coated In Rice Flour And Fried In Canola Oil)
- Khao Soi:
Broth (Dried Red Thai Chili, Fresh Red Thai Chili, Lemongrass, Galangal, Shallot, Garlic, Kaffir Lime, Shrimp Paste, Coriander Root, Tumeric Powder, Coriander Seeds, Cumin Seeds, Star Anise, Cloves, Cinnamon, Chicken Stock, Coconut Milk, Palm Sugar, and Fish Sauce), Chicken Thighs (Raw, Clean, and Diced,) Raw Store-Bought Wonton Noodles, Fried Store-Bought Wonton Noodles, Raw Red Diced Onion, Pickled Mustard Greens (Pickled In Vinegar, Salt, and Water), Whole Lime
Cooked Pork Head (Ears, Cheeks, Jowl), Raw Red Onion Diced, Raw Minced Garlic, Raw Minced Ginger, Whole Red Thai Chilli Peppers, Kaffir Lime Leaves, Maggi Sauce Mixed With Fish Sauce, Cleaned Cilantro Leaves, Whole Lime
- Coconut Rice:
Cooked Jasmine Rice, Coconut Sauce (Full Fat Coconut Milk, Sugar, and Salt)
- Thai Tea Rice Crispie Treats:
Butter, Thai Tea Powder, Marshmellow, Rice Crispies, Condensed Milk
Instructions / Storage
- Items ship frozen with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival, remove items from packaging and place all ingredients immediately in the refrigerator EXCEPT for:
- Thai Tea Rice Crispy Treats
- Fried Taro
- Crispy Shallots
- Fried Wontons
- All other items that have been placed in the refrigerator may be kept there for up to 5 days.
- Pig and Khao does not recommend freezing any of the ingredients.
- Place the papaya mix in a large bowl.
- Add half of the peanuts and dressing and then toss until dressing is mixed in well.
- Plate the salad and garnish with remaining peanuts, crispy taro, and crispy shallots.
- In a saucepan add the Khao Soi broth and chicken thighs.
- Bring contents to a boil.
- Once you have reached a boil, lower the heat to a simmer and cook for approximately 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked all the way through.
- While the chicken is cooking, heat up a pot of water and cook the noodles in boiling water for approximately 1.5-2 minutes (You want the noodles to have a little chew).
- Drain the noodles and then place them in the bottom of a bowl.
- Ladle the broth on top.
- Season with lime juice.
- Add the raw red onions and mustard greens.
- Top with crispy noodles and cilantro leaves.
- In a nonstick saute pan add 1 tablespoon of oil and heat on Medium.
- Once the oil is almost smoking, add the cooked pork and allow it to get slightly crispy.
- Add the minced garlic, ginger, red onion, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add half of the sauce and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add the lime leaves and cook for 30 more seconds.
- Taste the pork and decide if you want to add more sauce.
- (OPTIONAL) Add an Egg: Make a hole in the center of the pan and add the egg. Let it set and then remove from heat. Please note that when you mix in the egg, the residual heat will continue to cook the egg. (Egg is not provided in the Meal Kit)
- Squeeze with lime juice and garnish with cilantro.
- Microwave the coconut sauce and jasmine rice separately until both hot. (We recommend 2-3 minutes for the rice and 1.5 minutes for the coconut sauce).
- Once they are both hot, fold in the coconut sauce and cover for 5 minutes so the rice can absorb all the sauce.
ENJOY!Download Storage and Prep Instructions
- Pig and Khao ships Monday-Friday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.