Mesquite Smoked Peppered Beef Tenderloin
“You don’t try to make it into Texas. It is Texas.” – Tom Perini
Since 1995, the Perini Ranch Mesquite Smoked Peppered Beef Tenderloin has been served in homes and at events across the country. This signature, beef tenderloin is a tradition that the Perini family is proud to share. It is a favorite among presidents, world leaders, movie stars and cowboys alike! After one bite, we are certain that it will become a favorite of yours as well. The Perini Ranch Mesquite Smoked Peppered Beef Tenderloin is a real taste of Texas! Just ask “Texas Monthly”, “Forbes” and “The New York Times”, who thought so highly of it, they named it their Mail Order Gift of the Year!
Tom Perini’s love for ranch life began as a young boy, growing up and working on his family’s ranch in Buffalo Gap, TX (pop. 463). He loved the cowboy life but found that he preferred cooking lunch and dinner to wrangling cattle, and became a cowboy cook. In 1983, after perfecting the traditional cowboy cuisine and creating a few recipes of his own, Tom opened Perini Ranch Steakhouse on the family’s ranch. While the restaurant started as a roadhouse, word traveled of the excellent food – especially the steak. And now, it is a world-renowned destination restaurant, honored as an “America’s Classic” by the James Beard Foundation.
This package includes a Mesquite Smoked Peppered Beef Tenderloin (2 to 2.5 lbs. total)
- Arrives fully cooked
- Tenderloin arrives cut into two pieces, each piece is individually vacuum-sealed
- Serves approx. 10 people as an Entrée
- Serves approx. 15 people as Hors d’oeuvres
Instructions / Storage
- The Tenderloin ships frozen with ice packs
- Upon arrival remove the Tenderloin from the insulated bo and place immediately in either the freezer or refrigerator
- The Tenderloin will be either partially frozen or frozen. You can serve immediately or put back in the freezer to serve another time.
- The Tenderloin will store in the freezer for up to a year and in refrigeration, up to seven days.
- To Thaw: Remove beef from the cloth bag. Place the unopened vacuum-sealed pouch in the refrigerator to thaw. Thaw in the refrigerator for approximately 24 hours.
- Prior to serving, remove from refrigeration and let the beef come to room temperature
- We do not recommend heating or microwaving the tenderloin
- The beef has maximum flavor when served at room temperature
- For Hors d’oeuvres – Slice into 1⁄4” medallions (serving approx. 15)
- For Entrée – Slice into 1⁄2” medallions (serving approx. 10).
Perini Ranch Horseradish Sauce (Not Included)
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 2 oz. prepared horseradish
- Mix sour cream and horseradish together and chill
- Garnish with freshly chopped herbs or parsley
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Perini Ranch Steakhouse ships Monday – Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.