A traditional Hungarian Jewish bakery, Oneg Bakery was started by two sisters who came to Brooklyn in the mid-1940s as refugees of World War II. Now run by their grandchildren, the bakery has been feeding the local Jewish community for years. More recently, their Double Chocolate Babka exploded onto the food scene as the world’s densest babka. Our bet is that this insanely good challah is next in line to blow up the internet.During the Jewish new year, challah is round, not braided to symbolize the continuity of a new year starting again; it also looks like a crown, for crowning God as king on Rosh Hashanah
- This Round Challah serves 16-20
- CRC Kosher, no preservatives added
Flour, yeast, water, margarine, fresh eggs, sugar, salt – no preservatives added
Instructions / Storage
- Challah is baked fresh and arrives ready to enjoy
- Upon arrival, place Challah in the freezer or keep at room temperature
- Challah may be stored at room temperature for up to 3 days or frozen for up to 4 weeks in airtight wrapping
- If frozen, allow Challah defrost for approximately 2-3 hours at room temperature
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Oneg Bakery ships Tuesday-Thursday of each week – Challah must ship overnight on Thursday for Friday delivery
- Challahs are shipped on Thursdays only
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.