Oneg Bakery ships its legendary challah nationwide on Goldbelly! This Brooklyn bakery’s Double Chocolate Babka exploded onto the food scene as the world’s densest babka. Our bet is that this insanely good challah is next in line to blow up the internet. During the Jewish new year, challah is round, not braided to symbolize the continuity of a new year starting again; it also looks like a crown, for crowning God as king on Rosh Hashanah. Oneg Bakery is a CRC Kosher bakery.
Opened in the 1980s by two sisters who came to Brooklyn in the mid-1940s as refugees of World War II, Oneg Bakery is a traditional Hungarian Jewish bakery in South Williamsburg, Brooklyn. Now run by their grandchildren, Oneg Bakery makes Brooklyn’s Biggest, Baddest Babka: the Double Chocolate Babka, which is the world’s densest babka. Challah!
- This Round Challah serves 16-20
- CRC Kosher, no preservatives added
Flour, yeast, water, margarine, fresh eggs, sugar, salt – no preservatives added
Baked in a Kosher – Pareve, Dairy-Free Facility
Instructions / Storage
- Challah is baked fresh and arrives ready to enjoy
- Upon arrival, place Challah in the freezer or keep at room temperature
- Challah may be stored at room temperature for up to 3 days or frozen for up to 4 weeks in airtight wrapping
- If frozen, allow Challah defrost for approximately 2-3 hours at room temperature
- Oneg Bakery ships Tuesday-Thursday of each week – Challah must ship overnight on Thursday for Friday delivery
- Challahs are shipped on Thursdays only
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.