Oneg Bakery ships its legendary Chocolate Babka nationwide on Goldbelly! This Round Babka is the same chocolate babka, in a more festive, round shape. The New York Times calls it “spectacular chocolate babka” for good reason. This traditional Hungarian loaf of braided dough is layered over and over again with a homemade mix of Dutch-process cocoa and sugar that forms an insanely delicious chocolate filling. If sliced while hot, you’ll see the chocolate ooze out.
Oneg Bakery was founded in the 1980s by two sisters who came to Brooklyn in the mid-1940s as refugees of World War II. Now run by their grandchildren, the traditional Hungarian Jewish bakery in South Williamsburg, Brooklyn, is famous for Brooklyn’s biggest, baddest babka: the Double Chocolate Babka, the world’s densest babka. Challah!
- This Round Babka serves 8-10 people (approximately 8" round and 3 inches high and weighs 2.2 lbs.)
- CRC Kosher, no preservatives added
Flour, yeast, canola oil, sugar, water, fresh eggs, cocoa, salt – no preservatives added
Baked in a Kosher – Pareve, Dairy-Free Facility
Instructions / Storage
- Babka is baked fresh and arrives ready to enjoy
- Upon arrival, place Babka in the freezer or keep at room temperature
- Babka may be stored at room temperature for up to 3 days or frozen for up to 6 months in airtight wrapping
- If frozen, allow Babka defrost for approximately 2-3 hours at room temperature
To Enjoy Warm
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Heat Babka for 3 to 5 minutes, or until warm
- Oneg Bakery ships Tuesday-Thursday of each week
- Challahs are shipped on Thursdays only
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.