A traditional Hungarian Jewish bakery, Oneg Bakery was started by two sisters who came to Brooklyn in the mid-1940s as refugees of World War II. Now run by their grandchildren, the bakery has been feeding the local Jewish community for years. More recently, their Double Chocolate Babka exploded onto the food scene as the world’s densest babka. Our bet is that their insanely good challah is next to blow up the internet.
It’s hard to overstate how spectacular this bread is. The Jumbo Challah has previously only been available by special order – this massive loaf of beautiful, braided bread will feed a crowd AND make a major statement on the dinner table. L’Chaim!
- This Jumbo Challah loaf is about 18″ × 9″ × 9″ and serves 25 people (weighs about 2.75 lbs.)
- CRC Kosher, no preservatives added
Flour, yeast, water, margarine, fresh eggs, sugar, salt – no preservatives added
Instructions / Storage
- Challah is baked fresh and arrives ready to enjoy
- Upon arrival, place Challah in the freezer or keep at room temperature
- Challah may be stored at room temperature for up to 3 days or frozen for up to 4 weeks in airtight wrapping
- If frozen, allow Challah defrost for approximately 2-3 hours at room temperature
- Oneg Bakery ships Tuesday-Thursday of each week – Challah ships overnight Thursday for Friday delivery only
- Challahs are shipped on Thursdays only
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.