Melissa’s Produce ships its legendary produce nationwide on Goldbelly! This sampler pack includes three types of assorted figs: Black Mission Figs, Heirloom Figs, and Tiger Figs.
Founded by Sharon and Joe Hernandez in 1984, Melissa’s Produce distributes the freshest produce to world-class restaurants, TV shows like “Top Chef,” and you. From its founding in a small rented room to its current standing as the U.S.’s largest distributor of specialty produce with a 280,000 square foot warehouse in Los Angeles, Melissa’s Produce has remained family-run since the beginning. Fresh vegetable and fruit delivery includes flawless baby vegetables; exotic fruits including lychees and Pepino melons (and some you may not have even heard of, like sapotes and tamarillos); and more — you’ve truly never had produce like this.
This package includes 1.5 lbs. of Assorted Figs
- 3 plastic clamshell containers (approx. 4-5 figs per container)
Fig Varieties Include
- Black Mission Figs (8 oz.) – Sweet yet mild, mellow yet rich…Black Mission Figs deserve their reputation as the most consistently delicious fresh fig available. While they have a flavor all their own, the taste could be described as a mix of strawberry, melon and banana flavors, with a pleasantly jammy, creamy texture. Figs can be enjoyed just as they are, or prepared and cooked. They make an excellent addition to cheese platters and a welcome addition to salads with spicy greens. They are wonderful for homemade jams and preserves as well as cakes and muffins. Stuff figs with cheese or ham, or slice and include in grilled cheese sandwiches. Dip in chocolate for a luscious treat.
- Heirloom Figs (8 oz.) – Beautiful, intriguing, delicious…fresh figs are a true seasonal treasure, and nothing beats figs from California’s Central Valley. Our Heirloom Figs will contain whichever varieties our grower thinks taste best every week, and may include Black Mission, Tiger Stripe, Kadota, Sierra or Brown Turkey figs.
- Tiger Figs (8 oz.) – Prized as one of the most flavorful varieties in the marketplace, Tiger Fig is a unique fruit, not only because of its natural tiger stripes but also for its tasty insides. The raspberry-citrus flavor on the inside of the fuchsia flesh and the green and yellow striped skin on the outside makes the Tiger Fig unlike any other variety; they are harvested late because they take all summer to develop high sugar content. Once fully ripe, the fruit has a rich, jam-like texture and consistency. Tiger Figs are great for drying, making into preserves, or just eating out of hand.
Instructions / Storage
- Fruits arrive ready to enjoy or prepare!
- Upon arrival, fruits may be stored on the countertop for 3-5 days
- Melissa’s Produce ships Monday-Wednesday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.