Melissa’s Produce ships its legendary produce nationwide on Goldbelly! Charentais melons are said to be the finest melon in both taste and texture. Because of their small size, they are the perfect “breakfast for two” melon. These globe-shaped fruits have either a smooth or a slightly netted gray-green rind with dark green, slightly furrowed sutures. They have an orange flesh and a luscious, flowery aroma. Popular in Europe, Charentais’ are especially prized in France for their rich, honeyed finish. Try wrapping slices of Charentais with prosciutto as an appetizer or cut one in half and serve with port wine poured over it for a special dessert.
From its founding by Sharon and Joe Hernandez in 1984 in a small rented room, to its current standing as the U.S.’s largest distributor of specialty produce with a 280,000 square foot warehouse in Los Angeles, Melissa’s Produce has remained family-run. If you’ve been wondering how world-class restaurants and TV shows like “Top Chef” have been able to track down the world’s best produce…well, the secret’s out. Fresh vegetable and fruit delivery includes flawless baby vegetables; exotic fruits including lychees and Pepino melons (and some you may not have even heard of, like sapotes and tamarillos); and more — you’ve truly never had produce like this.
This package includes 3 Charentais Melons
- Melons weigh approx. 3 lbs total
Instructions / Storage
- Fruits arrive ready to enjoy or prepare!
- Upon arrival, fruits may be stored on the countertop for 3-5 days
- Melissa’s Produce ships Monday-Wednesday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.