Asian pear is the generic name for over 25 different varieties of this fruit. Although the outside appearance of each Asian pear may differ, all varieties are crunchy, juicy and sweet. Depending on the variety, Melissa’s Asian Pears vary in size. Their color may also vary from yellow to brown, and the skin may be smooth or speckled. Asian pears vary throughout the season but may include the following varieties at peak flavor: Hosui (Golden Russet Brown), Kosui (Golden Russet), Nijiseiki or Twentieth Century (Yellow-Green), Shinseiki (Yellow), Shinsui (Russet Brown). Chilled or cooked, Asian pears always make an excellent addition to any meal!
This package includes 4 Asian Pears (approximately 3 lbs total)
Instructions / Storage
- Fruits arrive ready to enjoy or prepare!
- Upon arrival, fruits may be stored on the countertop for 3-5 days
- Melissa’s Produce ships Monday-Wednesday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.