McLoon’s Lobster Shack ships nationwide with Goldbelly—order their legendary Maine lobster dinners, buttery lobster rolls, chowders & more right to your door. When Yankee Magazine sent their editor up the Maine coast in early 2017 to sample dozens of lobster rolls and crown one champion, she chose McLoons Lobster Shack for their fresh seafood and perfect rolls. The crab roll is beloved by Mainers and those in the know; many even prefer it to the lobster roll! McLoons provides the highest quality hand-picked, all-leg crab meat from Maine Peekytoe (Rock Crabs) which you can use to make your own rolls, crabcakes, or salads!
Once considered by lobstermen to be a nuisance and bait-stealer that was more of a pest than a lucrative species for harvest demand for Rock Crabs soared after chefs and other epicures in New York were introduced to it by Maine’s legendary Browne Trading Company. Processing these crabs remains a true “cottage” industry in Maine, with very few commercial houses investing in the time-consuming traditional hand-picking method necessary to produce superior meats free of shell.
McLoon’s is a family-owned lobster shack located in the town of South Thomaston, on Maine’s remote Spruce Head Island. But it’s worth the trek: McLoon’s was named Maine’s best lobster roll in Maine! This sweet, fresh, and meaty lobster is plucked fresh from local waters (it’s located on a working lobster wharf), and it’s served in a signature half-and-half lobster roll (half butter, half mayo). This is as authentic Maine as it gets!
- This package includes 2 lbs of hand picked Maine Crab Meat. You can add to your order for $20 per half a pound
- The crab meat arrives in 0.5 lb containers. For 2 lbs, you receive 4 containers
Instructions / Storage
- Each pack includes hand picked, fully cooked all leg meat from Maine rock crabs
- Mcloons’ crabs are shipped with ice packs, which may thaw partially or fully during transit
- Shelf life of crab meat is up to 5 days if stored properly, kept in the fridge in a container of ice
- McLoons Lobster Shack ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.