For nearly three decades the three Mackevicius brothers—Algird, Vytautas, and Alfonsas—have run Omaha’s renowned Lithuanian Bakery, which was founded by their parents. Together, they keep this Eastern European family bakery thriving serving their loyal customers with authentic Old World specialties.
Both of Lithuanian Bakery’s specialties are featured in this combo pack: Freshly-baked Eastern European Rye Breads, and their signature, multi-layered Napoleon Tortes. Choose one of two exceptional Tortes, and two of their five specialty ryes.
- This package includes 1 Torte + 2 Rye Breads
- Choose your Torte flavor: Original Vanilla Apricot or Chocolate Raspberry (Small Rectangle (7"x 4" – serves 8) or Medium Round (8" – serves 16)
- Choose your Rye Bread. Flavor options listed below
Bread Options Include
- Sourdough Rye – the original, made with ground caraway and a hint of onion
- Pumpernickel – hearty and dense, made with rough-cut high-fiber pumpernickel rye flour
- Country Rye – medium density hybrid rye baked with a touch of molasses for rich color and flavor
- Cranberry-Walnut Sourdough – their classic sourdough enhanced with cranberries & walnuts
- Bohemian Rye – rich & tangy with a lighter texture than original sourdough; made with fennel, caraway and (when in season) fresh dill
Tortes & Breads contain no additives or preservatives
Instructions / Storage
- Tortes are baked to order and shipped with ice packs
- Upon arrival, place in the refrigerator. Tortes can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 month or in the freezer for up to 4 months
- Breads can be stored at room temperature for up to 1 week or frozen for up to 1 month
- To serve the torte, allow it to come to room temperature 1 hour before serving. Tortes can also be served cold. To serve from frozen, allow torte to thaw in the refrigerator overnight or at room temperature for 3 hours before serving
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Lithuanian Bakery ships Monday-Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.