For nearly three decades the three Mackevicius brothers—Algird, Vytautas, and Alfonsas—have run Omaha’s renowned Lithuanian Bakery, which was founded by their parents. Together, they keep this Eastern European family bakery thriving. serving their loyal customers with authentic Old World specialties.
Baked with Old World recipes and techniques, these authentic Eastern European ryes are loaded with character and flavor. Select from a delicious variety of freshly-baked ryes with a range of tastes and textures to suit your preferences.
This package includes 4 Rye Breads of your choice. Bread options include:
- Sourdough Rye – the original, made with ground caraway and a hint of onion
- Pumpernickel – hearty and dense, made with rough-cut high-fiber pumpernickel rye flour
- Country Rye – medium density hybrid rye baked with a touch of molasses for rich color and flavor
- Cranberry-Walnut Sourdough – their classic sourdough enhanced with cranberries & walnuts
- Bohemian Rye – rich & tangy with a lighter texture than original sourdough; made with fennel, caraway and (when in season) fresh dill
Breads contain no additives or preservatives
Instructions / Storage
- Breads are baked to order and shipped fresh. They arrive ready to serve
- Breads can be stored at room temperature for up to 1 week or frozen for up to 1 month
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Lithuanian Bakery ships Monday-Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.