John’s Roast Pork ships its famous roast pork sandwiches nationwide on Goldbelly! Each roast pork sandwich is made on half an Italian loaf from Carangi’s Bakery and is stuffed with 12 oz. of hand-sliced pork. Each pork sandwich is topped with garlicky sautéed spinach and slices of melted provolone. Choose from a seeded or plain roll and with or without Spanish onion. Each kit is packed for easy assembly, ensuring you’ll enjoy an authentic John’s roast pork sandwich. This is your chance to taste one of America’s truly classic meals!
John’s Roast Pork isn’t just a business, it’s a family legacy. The king of Philly’s iconic roast pork sandwich began in 1930 when current owner John Bucci’s grandfather, who emigrated from Italy with nothing but his roast pork recipe, opened up a small sandwich shop in South Philadelphia selling his roast pork sandwiches to local laborers. He wound up creating one of America’s greatest sandwiches. His original pork sandwich recipe is still used today by the Bucci family, who continue to run this beloved sandwich shop, which has been named an American Classic by the James Beard Foundation.
This package serves 8-12 people and includes everything you need to make 8 Roast Pork Sandwiches:
- 4 lbs. Roast Pork
- 2 qts. Gravy
- 1/2 lb. Sharp Provolone,
- 1 pt. Spinach,
- 8 Large seeded Sesame Rolls
- Once assembled, each Roast Pork Sandwich measures 9"-10" and weighs approximately 1 lb.
Instructions / Storage
- Sandwich kits are made to order, frozen, and shipped with ice packs which may thaw partially or fully during transit.
- Upon arrival, place meat, cheese, and spinach in the refrigerator.
- They can be stored in the fridge for 2-3 days or can be frozen for up to 2 months.
- Pour gravy into a saucepan and heat on medium until simmering.
- Place pork into the saucepan for 5 minutes or until hot.
- Warm bread in a 325°F oven for 5 minutes or until hot and crispy.
- Heat spinach in microwave for 3 minutes or until hot.
- Assemble sandwich and top with provolone.
- Serve and enjoy!
If pork gravy is too salty for your taste, just add a little water.Download Storage and Prep Instructions
- John’s Roast Pork ships Wednesday & Thursday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.