Enjoy this green, red and white sampler of Dora’s handmade stuffed cappelletti pasta, a traditional Italian pasta, coming from the word for “little hats”. Our white cappelletti, stuffed with braised veal, is paired with a savory and comforting beef bone broth. Our green cappelletti is made from fresh spinach, stuffed with fresh Italian ricotta, and paired with our classic San Marzano tomato sauce. Our red cappelletti is made from fresh beet and also stuffed with ricotta, paired with a rich saffron cream sauce.
A landmark of Italian fine dining in New York City, I Trulli was founded by restaurateur Nicola Marzovilla in 1994 and has since become renowned for its menu of specialties from Puglia, the Marzovilla family homeland. I Trulli is truly a family operation: many of its beloved pastas are handmade daily by Nicola’s mother, Dora. The Michelin Guide called I Trulli an “Italian Gem.”
This package serves 3 people and includes:
- 1 Pack Dora’s Veal Cappelletti in Beef Brodo (12 oz.)
- 1 Pack Dora’s Green Spinach Cappelletti in Tomato Sauce (12 oz.)
- 1 Pack Dora’s Red Beet Cappelletti in Saffron Cream (12 oz.)
Veal Cappelletti – Flour, Water, Eggs, Braised Veal, Beef Bone Broth, Salt, Pepper, Olive Oil
Green Spinach Cappelletti – Flour, Water, Eggs, Spinach Puree, Ricotta, Tomatoes, Olive Oil, Salt, Pepper
Red Beet Cappelletti – Flour, Water, Eggs, Red Beet Puree, Ricotta, Saffron, Cream, Butter, Olivie Oil
Instructions / Storage
- Cappelletti ships frozen with ice packs, may thaw in transit.
- Unpack the box and put the cappelletti vacuum packs directly into the freezer until you are ready to cook.
- You may cut the sauce pack from the pasta and defrost in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Boil 2 quarts of water in a large pot with a teaspoon of salt.
- Heat up the sauce of your choice in a saucepan large enough for the sauce and cappelletti.
- Once water is boiling, take the cappelletti pack out of the freezer, take them out of the plastic wrap carefully and boil them ( the pasta is cooked about 60 seconds after it rises to the top of the boiling water, should be a total of 5 minutes).
- Toss in saucepan with the sauce until cappelletti are coated.
- Il Trulli ships Monday – Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.