Anyone hosting a Mardi Gras party knows they’ve got to get Gambino’s. This legendary bakery has been serving up king cakes and other treats in New Orleans since 1949. Simply put, Mardi Gras would not be Mardi Gras without a sweet purple, green, and gold Gambino’s Bakery King Cake. Made with fresh butter and sweet cinnamon, topped with a generous layer of poured fondant, and baked with the customary gold baby figure inside (tradition has it whoever finds the figure in their slice is king or queen for the day), the iconic Gambino’s Bakery King Cake arrives with a package of fondant icing and a package of colored sugars so you can top your own cake in the purple, green, and gold of New Orleans, an official 8 1/2” x 11” Mardi Gras poster, and a brochure on the history of Mardi Gras King Cakes.
- Each King Cake serves 15-18 people
This King Cake Kit Includes:
- A Cinnamon King Cake with Praline Cream Cheese filling.
- Fondant icing.
- Colored sugar to decorate in Purple, Green and Gold.
- A small doll inside cake.
- An official Mardi Gras 8 1/2 × 11 poster.
- A brochure on the history of Mardi Gras King Cakes.
Enriched bleached flour, sugar, whole eggs, yeast, partially hydrogenated vegetable oil, dextrose, wheat starch, mono and di glycerides, soy flour, soybean oil, rum flavor, butter and vanilla flavor, sodium propionate. Bleached flour, sugar, brown sugar, whole eggs, pecan, caramel.
Instructions / Storage
- King cakes will maintain their freshness 2-3 days after receiving it. If you’re going to serve the cake within that time frame, don’t open it up and store it in the fridge.
- If you’re planning on eating it after that time frame, you should put the king cake in the freezer upon receiving it. Take it out at least 3 hours before serving to ensure it has enough time to thaw.
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Gambino’s Bakery ships Monday-Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $35 charge for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.