Choose 2 of your favorite Gambino’s King Cakes!
Anyone hosting a Mardi Gras party knows they’ve got to get Gambino’s. This legendary bakery has been serving up king cakes and other treats in New Orleans since 1949. Simply put, Mardi Gras would not be Mardi Gras without a sweet purple, green, and gold Gambino’s Bakery King Cake. Made with fresh butter and sweet cinnamon, topped with a generous layer of poured fondant, and baked with the customary gold baby figure inside (tradition has it whoever finds the figure in their slice is king or queen for the day), the iconic Gambino’s Bakery King Cake arrives with a package of fondant icing and a package of colored sugars so you can top your own cake in the purple, green, and gold of New Orleans, an official 8 1/2” x 11” Mardi Gras poster, and a brochure on the history of Mardi Gras King Cakes.
It all started in the early 1920’s with Beulah Ledner, who invented the legendary New Orleans regional specialty, Doberge cake. She later sold her New Orleans bakery and recipes to Joe Gambino, who opened the bakery under his name in 1949. Since then, locals and out-of-towners alike, from David Letterman to Oprah Winfrey, have ordered their classic King Cakes and Doberges from Gambino’s Bakery. Mardi Gras would not be Mardi Gras without a sweet purple, green, and gold Gambino’s Bakery King Cake!
This package includes 2 King Cake Kits with the King Cakes of your choosing
- Each King Cake serves 15-18 people
Each King Cake Kit Includes:
- A Cinnamon King Cake with the filling of your choosing
- Fondant icing.
- Colored sugar to decorate in Purple, Green and Gold.
- A small doll inside cake.
- An official Mardi Gras 8 1/2 × 11 poster.
- A brochure on the history of Mardi Gras King Cakes.
Enriched bleached flour, sugar, whole eggs, yeast, partially hydrogenated vegetable oil, dextrose, wheat starch, mono and di glycerides, soy flour, soybean oil, rum flavor, butter and vanilla flavor, sodium propionate. Pasteurized milk and cream, cheese culture, salt, sugar, stabilizer.
Instructions / Storage
- King cakes will maintain their freshness 2-3 days after receiving it. If you’re going to serve the cake within that time frame, don’t open it up and store it in the fridge.
- If you’re planning on eating it after that time frame, you should put the king cake in the freezer upon receiving it. Take it out at least 3 hours before serving to ensure it has enough time to thaw.
- Gambino’s Bakery ships Monday-Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.