Gambino’s Bakery King Cakes ships its famous King Cakes nationwide on Goldbelly! Anyone hosting a Mardi Gras party knows they’ve got to get Gambino’s. This legendary New Orleans bakery has been serving up king cakes and other treats since 1949. Simply put, Mardi Gras would not be Mardi Gras without Gambino’s. Gambino’s is most famous for its New Orleans original recipe for Chocolate Doberge Cake. An unchanged staple since 1949, these six layers of moist butter cake are filled with specialty custard then topped with buttercream icing and chocolate fondant icing. If you have a sweet tooth, then this cake will hit the sweet spot.
It all started in the early 1920’s with Beulah Ledner, who invented the legendary New Orleans regional specialty, Doberge cake. She later sold her New Orleans bakery and recipes to Joe Gambino, who opened the bakery under his name in 1949. Since then, locals and out-of-towners alike, from David Letterman to Oprah Winfrey, have ordered their classic King Cakes and Doberges from Gambino’s Bakery. Mardi Gras would not be Mardi Gras without a sweet purple, green, and gold Gambino’s Bakery King Cake!
Each Chocolate Doberge Cake is 8" and serves 12-17 people
Instructions / Storage
- Cakes are made to order, frozen and carefully packed with dry ice to maintain freshness
- Upon arrival, let it defrost in the refrigerator or counter top before serving
- To store for later, place in the freezer for up to 6 months
- Gambino’s Bakery ships Monday-Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.