Anyone hosting a Mardi Gras party knows they’ve got to get Gambino’s. This legendary bakery has been serving up king cakes and other treats in New Orleans since 1949. Simply put, Mardi Gras would not be Mardi Gras without Gambino’s. Gambino’s is most famous for its New Orleans original recipe for Chocolate Doberge Cake. An unchanged staple since 1949, these six layers of moist butter cake are filled with their specialty custard then topped with buttercream icing and Chocolate fondant icing. If you have a sweet tooth, then this cake will hit the sweet spot.
Each Chocolate Doberge Cake is 8" and serves 12-17 people
Instructions / Storage
- Cakes are made to order, frozen and carefully packed with dry ice to maintain freshness
- Upon arrival, let it defrost in the refrigerator or counter top before serving
- To store for later, place in the freezer for up to 6 months
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Gambino’s Bakery ships Monday-Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.