This kit comes with everything you need for an authentic Mexican taco, except for the fact that it’s completely vegan! Corn tortillas, pico de gallo, red and green salsa, rice and beans, limes, and of course, your choice of a wide variety of vegan fillings!
One thing sets El Palote apart from the scores of other Mexican restaurants around Dallas: it’s completely vegan. Owners Aurelio and Lily Arias and their son Aaron have reformulated recipes that have been in their family for generations while not sacrificing any of the flavor. Their soy-based meat substitute is so good, you won’t miss the meat!
This package serves 4-6 people and includes everything you need to make 16 vegan tacos:
- 16 Corn Tortillas (each 4")
- Your choice of 2 types of Soy-Based Protein (each 1 lb.)
- Rice (12 oz.)
- Red Salsa (6 oz.)
- Green Salsa (6 oz.)
- Beans (32 oz.)
- Pico de Gallo (8 oz.)
- 2 Limes
Vegan Protein Options Include:
- Carne Guisada
- Al Pastor
- Chicharon Con Salsa
Soy, Maize, Canola Oil, Spices, Cilantro, Onions, Limes, Rice, Beans, Tomatoes, Serrano Peppers, Tomatillo, Guajillo Chile, Tree Chili, Garlic
Instructions / Storage
- This package ships with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival, remove packaging and place immediately in the fridge until ready reheat and serve
- Taco components will last up to 1 week in the fridge or 2 weeks frozen
- Salsas do not require reheating
- Fill a sauce pan 3 quarters of the way to the top with water place on high heat until boiling
- Place vacuum-sealed pouches of beans, rice, and vegan protein in the pot to boil for 25-30 minutes.
- Once the contents of the bags have been heated to your desired temperature, remove them from the pouches.
- Heat a skillet to medium-high
- Mix 1 ½ cup of water and ½ cup of oil in a bowl.
- Dip a small portion of the tortillas into the bowl (around 1/4)
- Place it on the skillet.
- Flip your tortillas often, heating to your preference
- El Palote Panaderia ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.