Fresh, tangy, and earthy, Fog Light is a dense and fudgy little goat cheese that brings new depth and complexity to the Humboldt Fog family of cheeses. This dense and fudgy little goat cheese is ash-covered and mold-ripened, and like other soft-ripened cheeses, it continues to ripen from the outside-in as it ages. Whether you’re driving along the redwood coast or taking a walk along a Pacific beach, when the forecast calls for fog, there’s no better way to cut through the darkness than with the brightness of Fog Lights.
Back in the late 1970s, Mary Keehn, a self-proclaimed “serious hippie” and single mother of four, purchased two goats from a Humboldt County neighbor as a source of fresh milk. She soon had more milk than she could handle, so she tried her hand at making goat cheese, and in 1983 Cypress Grove was born. Since those humble beginnings, Cypress Grove has gone on to become one of the most famous and award-winning cheese producers in America. Their dairy is Humane Certified, and their lineup of tangy fresh cheeses, bloomy masterpieces, and nutty aged cheeses are all hand-crafted the old-fashioned way. These are some of the most delicious and creative goat cheeses ever made, and they’re shipping nationwide!
Cypress Grove Requires an Order Minimum of $50.
This package serves 3-4 people and includes a 6 oz. Fog Lights Cheese Wheel
Pasteurized Cultured Goat Milk, Salt, Enzymes, Vegetable Ash.
Instructions / Storage
- Cheese arrives ready to enjoy.
- Cheese ships with ice packs, may thaw during transit.
- Upon arrival, place cheese in the refrigerator.
- Keep cheese cold (32°–40°F) and wrapped in waxed paper (re-wrapping soft-ripened cheese in wax or parchment paper will allow the cheese to breathe as it continues to ripen).
- Cheese lasts up to 10 days in the refrigerator.
- Cypress Grove ships Monday through Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.