For the oenophile: our favorite California cheeses to pair with wine. Our beloved triple-cream Mt Tam, our most versatile and snackable Wagon Wheel, and wine-washed Paso Vino from the Central Coast. Figs preserves, shallot confit, floral honey from the slopes of Mt Tam, and our favorite organic crackers round this wine-lovers gift.
Sue Conley and Peggy Smith founded Cowgirl Creamery in the early 1990s, with the mission to help West Marin’s farms and dairies get their delicious products into the hands of the finest local chefs. Nearly 30 years later, Cowgirl Creamery is an icon in the industry. In 2010, Sue and Peggy were inducted into the prestigious Guilde des Fromagers. They have both also received James Beard Awards for "significant and lasting achievements and contributions to the food and beverage industry for ten or more years.
Wine Not Included
This package includes 3 of Cowgirl Creamery’s Signature Cheeses plus Charcuterie!
- 8 oz. Mt. Tam – Cowgirl Creamery’s signature cheese that coats your tongue with a rich, buttery flavor that carries an earthy hint of white mushrooms
- 8 oz. Wagon Wheel – Wagon Wheel – Cowgirl Creamery – Petaluma, California Browned Butter – Roasted Nuts – Sautéed Leeks Organic versatile cheese, great for melting and snacking. Pasteurized Cow’s Milk
- 8 oz. Red Hawk – Red Wine – A full-flavored triple-cream cheese made from single-source, organic milk. Aged six weeks and carefully washed with a salt-water brine
- 6 oz. Shallot Confit
- 3 oz. Mt. Tam Honey
- 6 oz. Figs & Black Tea Jam
- 6 oz. Cowgirl Crackers
- Mt. Tam – Organic Pasteurized Cow’s Milk, Organic Pasteurized Cream, Salt, Cultures, Enzymes.
- Shooting Star Sagittarius – Cow’s milk, Sheep’s milk, Salt, Cheese Cultures, Vegetarian Enzymes
- Paso Vino – Pasteurized Cows Milk, Salt, Calcium Chloride, Cultures, Wine.
- Pepato – Cultured Sheep Milk, Peppercorns, Salt, Enzymes.
- Shallot Confit – Shallots, Red Wine, Cane Sugar, Water Red Wine Vinegar, Salt, Pectin.
- Mt. Tam Honey – Natural Pure Unfiltered Honey.
- Figs & Black Tea Jam – Black Tea, Dried Figs, Cane Sugar, Lemon Juice, Pectin.
Contains: Pork, Dairy, & Gluten
Instructions / Storage
- Cheeses ship with gel packs, gel packs may thaw in transit
- Expect cheese to arrive at room temperature
- Upon arrival please refrigerate
- Cheese is stable at room temperature, however, it is best stored in the refrigerator
- For optimum enjoyment, please enjoy your cheese within 1-2 weeks. Soft cheeses should be enjoyed sooner
- Remove your cheese from the refrigerator at least an hour before serving, unwrap it, and place it on a cheese board or butcher paper
- Cover with an inverted bowl. This allows the cheese to breathe and protect it while it comes to room temperature.
There is Mold on My Cheese!
- Traditional cheeses are often made with natural rinds that display a variety of colorful molds and bumpy textures. These rinds protect the cheese as it ages while contributing to its unique flavor profile
- Bacteria and mold are essential components of cheese. When cut and wrapped, molds and surface oils can develop on the face of the cheese. Simply scrape the surface with a knife to remove before serving.
- Cowgirl Creamery ships Monday – Wednesday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.