Cochon Butcher’s Hot Muffuletta is their modern take on the city’s iconic sandwich. Starting with house-cured capicola, mortadella, and salami, this sandwich differs from the original version in that it’s served hot. It comes with provolone, spicy giardiniera, and soft Sicilian rolls.
This charcuterie is all made in-house by Cochon Butcher, a hybrid New Orleans butcher shop/restaurant opened in 2009 that is home to some of the Crescent City’s best house-made charcuterie and creative sandwiches. Chef-owners Donald Link and Stephen Stryjewski are behind some of the city’s most renowned restaurants, and they’ve won multiple James Beard Awards. At Cochon Butcher, the capicola, mortadella, and salami in their legendary muffuletta are house-cured (and as opposed to that other famous muffuletta across town, this one’s served hot). Cochon’s housemade boudin and other Cajun sausages like chaurice and andouille are authentically old-world, and “Le Pig Mac” is one of New Orleans’ best burgers.
This package serves 4-6 people and includes 4 Muffulettas
- Each Muffuletta measures 8"x 3.5"
Capicola: Pork, Seasoning (Salt, Raw Sugar, Coriander, Ground, Garlic Powder, Mace, Juniper, Cure #1, Paprika, Chili Powder, Cayenne
Salami: Pork, Fat Back, Salt, Cure#2, Dextrose, White Pepper, Garlic Powder, Cayenne, Red Wine
Mortadella: Pork Shoulder, Pork Fat Back, Salt, Cure #1, Cayenne, Garlic Powder, White Pepper, Anise, Mace, Nutmeg, Caraway, Cinnamon, Clove, Water
Giardiniera: Cauliflower, Carrots, Celery, Onions, Garlic, Green Olives, Pepperoncini, White Vinegar, Bay Leaves, Black Peppercorns, Salt, Sugar
Sicilian Roll: Flour, Water, Salt, Yeast, Sesame Seed
Instructions / Storage
- Muffulettas ship with ice packs
- Ice packs may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival take out of box & place in the fridge (leaving in individual wrap until ready to heat up/eat)
- May be kept refrigerated for up to 5 days
- We don’t recommend freezing
- The muffuletta may be enjoyed cold, but we like it best warmed:
- Pre-heat oven to 350
- Place Muffaletta on a baking sheet
- Heat in the oven for 5-10 minutes or until warmed through and cheese is melting
- Cochon Butcher ships Monday & Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.