Red Velvet Smith Island Cake
Chesapeake Bay Gourmet ships its famous Red Velvet Smith Island Cake nationwide on Goldbelly! This is the official state cake of Maryland, and it’s sure to be a hit in your house as well! This was inspired by a Hungarian traditional Dobosh Torte, with alternating thin and delicate layers of red velvet cake and cream cheese icing.
Based in Jessup, Maryland, Chesapeake Bay Gourmet specializes in regional foods from the Mid-Atlantic and beyond. Chesapeake Bay Gourmet works with local butchers, farmers, and artisans from the Chesapeake Bay Watershed to source the highest-quality meats and side dishes, including USDA Prime Black Angus beef from J.W. Trueth, free-range turkeys raised by Mennonite farmers, and Heritage bacon from Kunzler.
This package serves 8-10 people and includes a Red Velvet Smith Island Cake
- Each cake measures 7"
- Red Velvet – Sugar, water, whole eggs, wheat flour (wheat flour, niacin, iron, th1am1n monomtrate, riboflavin, folic acid), confectioner sugar (sugar, cornstarch), shortening (soybean oil, glycerol lacto esters of fatty acids, mono and diglycerides with tocopherols), shortening (palm oil, modified palm oil), cream cheese (pasteurized cultured milk and cream, salt, stabilizers (xanthan, carob bean, and or guar), cocoa powder, dry skim milk, white vanilla concentrate (propylene, glycol, water, vegetable gum), salt (salt, yellow prussiate of soda), clearjel/col flo 67 (corn syrup, sugar, water, modified cornstarch, salt, carrageenan, sodium benzoate (preservative), citric acid), baking soda (baking soda: sodium bicarbonate), baking powder (sodium acid pyrophosphate, bicarbonate of soda, cornstarch, acid phosphate of calcium), cream cheese flavor (water, propylene glycol, acacia gum, xanthan gum and sodium benzoate), red food color (water, glycerine, corn syrup, high fructose corn syrup, sugar, FD&C red 40 (E129), sorbilal, modified food starch, red 3 (E127), FD&C yellow 5 (E102), carrageenan, agar gum, sodium benzoate and potassium sorbate (as preservatives), salt, citric acid) CONTAINS: Eggs, Milk, Soybeans, Wheat
Instructions / Storage
- Ships frozen with dry ice
- Do not remove dry ice with bare hands
- Upon arrival immediately place in the freezer until ready to thaw
- To serve, allow to thaw in the fridge overnight
- Chesapeake Bay Gourmet ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.