Spanish aperitivo is one of the most delicious rituals in the world. The idea is to whet your appetite for a larger meal with a drink (preferably a bitter cocktail) and bites that get the taste buds going. Look no further than hand-caught Spanish cockles from the Galician coast of Spain, mussels in escabeche, crisp potato chips fried in extra virgin olive oil, white pickled anchovies, classic Espinaler sauce, and Spanish Manzanilla olives. Do like José Andrés does and serve them with a chilled Vermouth cocktail!
Not only has José Andrés done more than just about anyone else to introduce Americans to Spanish cuisine, the James Beard Award-winning chef is also a tireless advocate for immigration reform, New York Times bestselling author, educator, television personality, humanitarian, and founder of World Central Kitchen, a nonprofit that notably served over 3.6 million meals to the people of Puerto Rico following Hurricane Maria and has since delivered more than 60 million meals to people in need in the wake of natural disasters, humanitarian crises, and the COVID-19 pandemic. Since emigrating to America at age 21, Andrés has opened a stunning array of more than 30 restaurants, from traditional tapas joints (Jaleo) to a sprawling Spanish food hall (NYC’s Mercado Little Spain) to a two Michelin Star tasting counter (DC’s minibar by José Andrés). Chef José Andrés’ most iconic dishes are now shipping nationwide!
This package serves 4-6 people and includes:
- 1 bag Jose Andres Foods Evoo Potato Chips (6.7 oz.)
- 1 tin White Pickled Anchovies Pujado Solano (3.8 oz.)
- 1 tin Jose Andres Foods Mussels in Escabeche (4.23 oz.)
- 1 tin Jose Andres Foods Cockles in Brine (4.23 oz.)
- 1 bottle Sauce Spinaler (3.1 oz.)
- 1 jar Manzanilla Olives Bernal (10 oz.)
- Jose Andres Foods Evoo Potato Chips -
- White Pickled Anchovies Pujado Solano -
- Jose Andres Foods Mussels in Escabeche -
- Jose Andres Foods Cockles in Brine -
- Sauce Spinaler -
- Manzanilla Olives Bernal -
Instructions / Storage
- This package arrives ready to enjoy
- Upon arrival, store it at room temperature, the expiration date is marked on each product.
For the Aperitivo Experience
- Open the bag of chips and place them in a bowl
- Open the olives and place them in a small bowl
- Open the Mussels in escabeche sauce and place them in a medium bowl
- Open the cockles and place them in a small bowl
- Open the white anchovies and place them on a plate
Chef’s Tip: Use the chips as a base for bites and add a mussel, a cockle, or a white anchovy on top. Dress the bite up with some drops of espinaler sauce!Download Storage and Prep Instructions
- Chef José Andrés ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.