Called the “Most Famous Deli in the United States” by USA Today, Carnegie Deli serves what many believe to be the best pastrami sandwich in a city filled with pastrami sandwiches. You’ll look like a pro when you wear your signature Carnegie Deli hat as you create one of their iconic works of art in the comfort of your very own home.
Carnegie Deli’s premium, famous pastrami is fully cooked and sliced, so all you have to do is heat and enjoy. Each box includes enough meat for four 6-ounce sandwiches and comes with 16 slices of Carnegie rye bread, a jar of sour pickles and a container of their legendary mustard, letting you make a Carnegie Deli–worthy sandwich anytime! A signature creamy cheesecake is also included so you can end your meal on a sweet note.
The Best of Carnegie Deli Gift Box includes:
- 1.5 lb. Sliced Pastrami or Sliced Corned Beef Brisket
- 16 slices of Rye Bread
- 1 container of Mustard (9 oz.)
- 1 jar of Sour Pickles (32 oz.)
- 1 Plain Cheesecake (6 in.)
- 1 Carnegie Deli Hat (color may vary)
Pastrami: Beef, Water, Salt, Sodium Phosphate, Sugar, Sodium Erythorbate, Sodium Nitrite, Natural Flavors. Coated With: Spices, Caramel Color, Paprika.
Corned Beef: Beef, Water, Salt, Sodium Phosphate, Sugar, Sodium Erythorbate, Sodium Nitrite, Natural Flavors. Coated With: Spices, Mustard Seed, Natural Flavor.
Instructions / Storage
- The Best of Carnegie Deli Gift Box is made fresh, vacuum sealed, frozen and shipped with ice packs that may thaw partially or fully during transit. Meats arrive fully cooked and sliced.
- Upon arrival, place the package in the refrigerator or freezer.
- To serve, allow meat to thaw if frozen and follow the reheating instructions below.
- Deli meats can be stored in their original packaging in the refrigerator for up to 3 months or in the freezer for up to 6 months. Once opened, keep within the refrigerator and serve within 3 days.
- Cheesecakes can be stored in the refrigerator out of the protective package (preferably in an airtight container) for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Your cake can also be portioned and refrozen. This should be done immediately upon receipt. Portion cake and pack in an airtight container or wrap to protect against freezer burn.
- If frozen, thaw meat overnight. Do not thaw in the microwave or out of refrigeration. DO NOT REMOVE FROM PLASTIC PACKAGING.
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan or pot large enough to submerge entire meat package.
- Submerge entire package in boiling water and cover with lid. Reduce stovetop to medium heat.
- Allow corned beef to heat for 12-14 minutes and allow pastrami to heat for 15 minutes.
- Remove entire package with tongs and set package into a bowl or onto a plate.
- Slice open package and transfer meat to serving plate.
Serving Instructions for Cheesecake
- If thawing or for refrigeration storage, remove cheesecake from the protective package.
- Allow cheesecake to thaw in the refrigerator overnight and then at room temperature for 3 to 4 hours before serving for the best eating experience.
- To slice, first dip your knife in a bain of hot water. Wipe knife with a paper towel, slice, and repeat!
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Carnegie Deli ships Monday through Friday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via overnight will incur an additional $35 charge. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.