Spinach Knish (Kosher)
Yonah Schimmel Knishes has been a neighborhood fixture on the Lower East Side since the 1890s. Today, they still make these classic Jewish specialty foods the traditional way—hand wrapping a filling of potatoes or kasha (buckwheat grain) with a thin layer of dough before sending it to the oven to bake. This Spinach Knish features a delicious mix of potato and spinach.
- This package includes 6 knishes
- Each knish is approximately 4"
- Yonah Schimmel Knish is Kosher Cup certified
This product ships overnight during the summer.
Instructions / Storage
- Knishes are made fresh and shipped with ice packs that may thaw partially or fully during transit
- Upon arrival, place the knishes in the refrigerator
- To serve, heat knishes in a microwave for 2 minutes or in a 350F oven covered with foil for 10 minutes or until warm. Remove the foil for the last few minutes for a crispy knish. Best enjoyed with some deli mustard!
- To store, wrap the knishes individually with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months. To serve after frozen, heat the knish as noted above. There is no need to thaw the knish before heating
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Yonah Schimmel Knishes ships Monday through Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.