Sour Michigan "Balaton" Cherries - 3 lbs
Unlike sweet cherries, fresh Balaton cherries are hand-harvested without the stem. When the fruit is ripe, it naturally separates from the stem and the fruit is “protected” from outside air via a natural seal. Thus, flavorful, fully ripened Balaton fruit are naturally stemless!
This 3 lb. box contains Sour Michigan “Balaton” Cherries, whose robust, sweet-tart flavor and intense red color make it the best tart cherry for pies, pastries, jams, jellies or sauces. Balatons are larger, plumper and significantly more flavorful than other red tart cherries. It’s deep, natural purplish-red pigment makes it especially attractive to pie makers. You won’t need food coloring or loads of sugar when you have these sweet Balatons!
This package includes 3 lbs. of Sour Michigan Balaton Cherries
- Cherries arrive stemless, which prolongs the freshness of the fruit
Unfortunately due to Arizona and California agriculture laws, Wunsch Family Farm is unable to ship cherries to these states. Any orders shipping to these states will be canceled and refunded.
This product is not eligible for discounts or promotions, unless otherwise noted. Also, it cannot be purchased with promotional gift cards or referral credits.
100% Michigan Cherries
Instructions / Storage
- Upon arrival, place in refrigerator for up to 1 week
- We do not recommend freezing these cherries
- Cherries are shipped with an ice pack which will thaw in transit
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Michigan Cherries ship Monday through Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Unfortunately due to Arizona and California agriculture laws, Wunsch Family Farm is unable to ship cherries to these states. Any orders shipping to these states will be cancelled and refunded.
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.