Veselka ships its legendary Ukrainian food nationwide on Goldbelly! Choose 2 quarts of your favorite Veselka soup (Ukrainian borscht, chicken noodle, matzoh ball, mushroom barley, or vegetarian borscht) and a dozen pierogi (meat, potato, cheese, arugula & goat cheese, or sauerkraut & mushroom) for the most comforting meal ever!
What started as a humble newsstand serving soups and sandwiches has turned into a legendary, family-owned and operated institution in New York’s East Village. Opened in 1954 by Ukrainian refugees Wolodymyr and Olha Darmochwal, Veselka, which means “rainbow,” is one of New York’s best 24/7 diners, serving Old World comfort food like pierogi, borscht, and goulash.
- This package includes 2 quarts of soup of your choice + 12 Pierogi of your choice
- Soups arrive in quart containers. Each quart serves 2
- 12 pierogi serves 2
Soup Options Include
- Ukrainian Borscht – Classic beet soup with vegetables and roast pork
- Chicken Noodle Soup – Chicken broth with egg noodles, shredded chicken and vegetables
- Matzoh Ball Soup – Chicken broth with Matzoh dumplings
- Mushroom Barley Soup – Creamy mushroom and vegetable soup
- Vegetarian Borscht – Classic beet soup with vegetables
Pierogi Options Include
- Meat Pierogi – Filled with beef and chicken
- Potato Pierogi – Filled with potatoes and cheese
- Cheese Pierogi – Filled with farmers cheese
- Arugula & Goat Cheese Pierogi – Filled with arugula and goat cheese
- Saurkraut & Mushroom Pierogi – filled with roasted mushrooms and saukraut
Chicken Noodle: Whole Chicken, onions, celery, carrots, leeks, egg noodles, parsley
Ukrainian Borscht: Beets, pork butt, beef stock, bay leaves, all spice berries, black pepper, carrots, celery, green cabbage, idaho potatoes, lima beans, white vinegar
Vegetarian Borscht: Beets, carrots, celery, green cabbage, idaho potatoes, lima beans, white vinegar
Matzoh Ball: Chicken stock, carrots, matzoh meal
*Mushroom Barley: Button mushrooms, unsalted butter, carrots, celery, vegetable stock, cram of mushroom soup, barley, black pepper
Meat Pierogi: Beef roast, chicken stock, whole chicken, unsalted butter, onion, black pepper salt. Egg, whole milk, vegetable oil, all purpose flour
Potato Pierogi: Idaho potato, farmers cheese, unsalted butter, onion, salt, black pepper. Egg, whole milk, vegetable oil, all purpose flour
Cheese Pierogi: Farmers cheese, eggs, granulated sugar, whole milk, vegetable oil, all purpose flour
Arugula & Goat Cheese Pierogi: Arugula, goat cheese, onion, unsalted butter, cream cheese, salt, black pepper. Saurkraut & Mushroom Pierogi: Egg, whole milk, vegetable oil, all purpose flour
Button mushrooms, saurkraut, all purpose flour, black pepper. Egg, whole milk, vegetable oil
Instructions / Storage
- Soups are made to order, frozen and shipped with ice packs which may thaw partially or fully during transit
- Upon arrival, place the package in the refrigerator or in the freezer
- Soups can be stored in the fridge for 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months
- To serve, pour the soup in a pot and reheat on the stove. Do not microwave in the container provided
- Veselka ships Wednesday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.