“Smoked. Meat. Nirvana.” – LA Magazine
You have never had a Burnt End sandwich like this! Open only on Sundays at Smorgasburg L.A., Ugly Drum garnered an immediate cult following. There’s a reason why Ugly Drum still has some of the longest lines years after opening.
Their Pit-Smoked pastrami is smokey, melt-in-your-mouth tender, sweet, peppery, and sinfully decadent. So what is it that sets Ugly Drum apart? They have developed a method that is a glorious hybrid of Texas barbeque and classic New York deli techniques.
Ugly Drum uses fattier whole briskets that are wet brined in their proprietary seasoning blend for several days. Then, they are pit-smoked over low, indirect heat with mesquite charcoal and whole logs of oak and pecan wood for at least 10 hours. Just a bite of this pastrami will have pastrami and barbeque fanatics wondering how anything could taste so goo!.
This package serves 6 people and includes:
- 1.5 lb. Pit-Smoked Pastrami Burnt Ends
- 6 Brioche Buns
- 8 oz. Carolina Mustard Sauce
pastrami (not kosher), brioche buns
- Note there is onion in the pastrami spice rub and mustard. There is honey in the mustard as well.
Instructions / Storage
- This Kit ships frozen with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival, remove the packaging and refrigerate or freeze all items
- Items may be kept refrigerated for up to a week or frozen for up to 3 months
- Heat Pastrami
• Remove burnt ends from bag and put in a skillet sized to hold them single layer without a lot of empty space. A
10-12 inch skillet or sauté pan with lid is perfect.
• Add a quarter cup of water to pan
• Turn on burner to medium heat till water is steaming and meat is starting to sizzle.
• Cover and turn down to low heat.
• Steam for 10 minutes or until meat is hot. Be careful of scorching the bottom of pan.
- Toast Buns
• In a pan over medium low heat, melt 1 Tbs butter to cover bottom of pan.
• Toast cut side of tops and bottoms of the buns just to golden. Toast in batches as your pan size allows.
- Assemble Buns
• Smear the bun bottoms with the Mustard Mop.
• Spoon Uglies onto buns
• Serve with more Mustard Mop drizzled on top of meat or served on side as a dip.
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Ugly Drum ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.