Ugly Drum ships its famous Burnt End Sandwich Kit nationwide on Goldbelly! You have never had a Burnt End sandwich like this! Open only on Sundays at Smorgasburg L.A., Ugly Drum garnered an immediate cult following. There’s a reason why Ugly Drum still has some of the longest lines years after opening. Their pit-smoked pastrami is smokey, melt-in-your-mouth tender, sweet, peppery, and sinfully decadent. So what is it that sets Ugly Drum apart? They have developed a method that is a glorious hybrid of Texas barbeque and classic New York deli technique. Ugly Drum uses fattier whole briskets that are wet brined in Ugly Drum’s proprietary seasoning blend for several days. Then, they are pit-smoked over low, indirect heat with mesquite charcoal and whole logs of oak and pecan wood for at least 10 hours. Just one bite of these pit-smoked pastrami burnt ends will have pastrami and barbeque fanatics wondering how anything could taste so good!
Ugly Drum pastrami is hailed nationwide as some of the best pastrami that has ever been made. Created as a personal passion project by Chef Erik Black as a hybridized technique, Black combines his homemade classic Jewish pastrami brine with Texas-style pit-smoking. Previously available only out of Erik’s oil drum smoker (the “Ugly Drum”) at Smorgasburg Los Angeles, this Texas pastrami with a cult following is now just a click away. Ugly Drum has been lauded as “Smoked. Meat. Nirvana.” by LA Magazine and Vice Munchies described the pastrami as a “Beautiful Meat Mutant.”
This package serves 6 people and includes:
- 1.5 lb. Pit-Smoked Pastrami Burnt Ends
- 6 Brioche Buns
- 8 oz. Carolina Mustard Sauce
pastrami (not kosher), brioche buns
- Note there is onion in the pastrami spice rub and mustard. There is honey in the mustard as well.
Instructions / Storage
- This Kit ships frozen with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival, remove the packaging and refrigerate or freeze all items
- Items may be kept refrigerated for up to a week or frozen for up to 3 months
- Heat Pastrami
• Remove burnt ends from bag and put in a skillet sized to hold them single layer without a lot of empty space. A
10-12 inch skillet or sauté pan with lid is perfect.
• Add a quarter cup of water to pan
• Turn on burner to medium heat till water is steaming and meat is starting to sizzle.
• Cover and turn down to low heat.
• Steam for 10 minutes or until meat is hot. Be careful of scorching the bottom of pan.
- Toast Buns
• In a pan over medium low heat, melt 1 Tbs butter to cover bottom of pan.
• Toast cut side of tops and bottoms of the buns just to golden. Toast in batches as your pan size allows.
- Assemble Buns
• Smear the bun bottoms with the Mustard Mop.
• Spoon Uglies onto buns
• Serve with more Mustard Mop drizzled on top of meat or served on side as a dip.
- Ugly Drum ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.