Ugly Drum ships its famous Pit-Smoked Pastrami Brisket nationwide on Goldbelly! Open only on Sundays at Smorgasburg L.A., Ugly Drum garnered an immediate cult following. There’s a reason why Ugly Drum still has some of the longest lines years after opening. Ugly Drum’s pit-smoked Pastrami is smokey, melt-in-your-mouth tender, sweet, peppery, and sinfully decadent. So what is it that sets Ugly Drum apart? They have developed a method that is a glorious hybrid of Texas barbeque and classic New York deli technique. These half Ugly Drum briskets are wet brined in their proprietary seasoning blend for several days. Then, they are pit-smoked over low, indirect heat with mesquite charcoal and whole logs of oak and pecan wood for at least 10 hours. Just one bite of this pastrami will have pastrami and barbeque fanatics wondering how anything could taste so good! Each brisket is split in half lengthwise so you get both the flat and point!
Hailed nationwide as some of the best pastrami that has ever been made, Ugly Drum is a personal passion project by Chef Erik Black, who uses a hybridized technique. Black combines a homemade classic Jewish pastrami brine with Texas-style pit-smoking. Previously available only out of Erik’s oil drum smoker (the “Ugly Drum”) at Smorgasburg Los Angeles, this Texas pastrami with a cult following is now just a click away. Ugly Drum has been praised by LA Magazine as “Smoked. Meat. Nirvana.” and Vice Munchies described the pastrami as a “Beautiful Meat Mutant.”
This package serves 4-5 people and includes an unsliced 1/2 Pit-Smoked Pastrami Brisket (3 lbs.)
usda prime beef brisket, brined in cure, rubbed with spices, smoked with hardwoood
Instructions / Storage
- This Pastrami Brisket ships frozen with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival, remove the packaging and refrigerate or freeze
- Brisket may be kept refrigerated for up to 2 weeks or frozen for up to 3 months
- Method – Oven “Slow & Low”*
- Defrost if still frozen
- Pre-heat oven to 300
- Remove brisket from plastic, bag and wrap in foil
- Put in a pan or on a sheet pan and place on rack in middle of oven
- Cook until meat thermometer reads 165 in thickest point
- This could take 90 minutes or much longer depending on many variables
- Method – “Slice Cold and Steam”*
- Slice meat
- Gently steam the slices to reheat them by
- Microwave for 10 seconds at a time until you see it is hot and just starting to steam
- Shallow steam in small pan with enough water just to cover the bottom of pan – use a lid and low heat
- Ugly Drum ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.