Tennessee Mountain Apple Stack Cake
Apple Stack Cakes were originally used as wedding cakes in the Appalachian Mountains. Each invited family was to bake a layer for the cake, adding it to the base as they arrived on the day of the wedding with the bride’s family providing the filling. The saying goes that you could judge just how beloved a bride was in her community by how many layers her wedding cake had.
Using an old family recipe, the Village Bakery uses 100% Tennessee green apples from orchards located only a few miles from the Smoky Mountains. They hand peel, slice and cook the apples, spicing them with traditional Appalachian spices before spreading them between the numerous layers of moist cake.
- Each cake is 8" wide and feeds 10-12 people
Instructions / Storage
- Cakes can be kept at room temperature or in the fridge for up to one week
- Can be kept up to several months in a freezer
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- No deliveries on Saturday, Sunday or Mondays
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge. Sorry guys!
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via overnight will incur an additional $35 charge. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.