The Village Bakery ships its famous Apple Stack Cakes nationwide on Goldbelly! Apple Stack Cakes were originally used as wedding cakes in the Appalachian Mountains. Each invited family would bake a layer of the cake, adding it to the base as they arrived on the day of the wedding with the bride’s family providing the filling. The saying goes that you could judge just how beloved a bride was in her community by how many layers her wedding cake had. Using an old family recipe, the Village Bakery uses 100% Tennessee green apples from orchards located only a few miles from the Smoky Mountains. They hand peel, slice, and cook the apples, spicing them with traditional Appalachian spices before spreading them between the numerous layers of moist cake.
Since opening in Knoxville, Tennessee, in 1979, The Village Bakery has been making classic treats like thumbprint cookies and Apple Stack Cakes. An Appalachia tradition, the mountain apple stack cake features layers of moist cake and spiced apple filling and was traditionally served at weddings. The beloved bakery run by James Shelton bakes a variety of goodies, but the apple cake remains one of the most popular.
- Each cake is 8" wide and feeds 10-12 people
Apples, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Allspice, Cloves, Flour, Sugar, Shortening, Eggs, Buttermilk
Instructions / Storage
- Cakes can be kept at room temperature or in the fridge for up to one week
- Can be kept up to several months in a freezer
- No deliveries on Saturday, Sunday or Mondays
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge. Sorry guys!
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via overnight will incur an additional $35 charge. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.