Vegan Mushroom Bolognese Dinner Kit for 2-3
This kit provides you with everything you need to prepare a deliciously decadent Rigatoni Mushroom Bolognese that’s completely vegan! Also included are the components of a Little Gem lettuce salad for a side dish as well as crisp fennel pollen grissini breadsticks.
Chef Bryan Voltaggio is one of the most recognized and well-respected chefs in America these days, thanks in no small part to being named runner-up in three seasons of “Top Chef.” But he’s much more than just a celebrity chef: he trained under the renowned Charlie Palmer, and his fine dining restaurant, Volt, opened in 2008 and earned him a James Beard Award nomination for Best Chef Mid-Atlantic. During the coronavirus pandemic, Voltaggio decided to reinvent Volt to focus on simple, super-comforting dishes, and Thacher & Rye was born. At Thacher & Rye, located inside a stately old brownstone in his hometown of Frederick, Maryland, Voltaggio and his team are using simple, seasonal ingredients to craft a menu of familiar favorites prepared with the deft hand and skillful approach of a fine dining master.
This package serves 2-3 people and includes
- Vegan Mushroom Bolognese Rigatoni
- Rigatoni Pasta (1 lb.)
- Mushroom Bolognese (16 oz.)
- Roasted Hen of the Woods Mushrooms (4 oz.)
- Cashew Parmesan (2 oz.)
- Little Gem Salad
- Little Gem Lettuce (8 oz.)
- Market Vegetables (Shaved Fennel, Shaved Turnips, Carrots, Red Onions) (12 oz.)
- Sherry Vinaigrette (1.5 oz.)
- Fennel Pollen Grissini Breadsticks (2 oz.)
- Choose to add 2 Chocolate Chip Cookies!
- Cookies are not vegan
- Rigatoni – Semolina Flour, Water
- Mushroom Bolognese – Sanmarzano Tomatoes, Button Mushrooms, Onion, Celery, Garlic, Red Wine, Red Wine Vinegar, Soy Sauce, Tomato Paste, Salt, Pepper, Basil
- Roasted Hen Of The Woods Mushrooms – Hen Of The Woods Mushrooms, Tamari, Galic, Shallot, Olive Oil, Sherry Vinegar
- Cashew Parmesan – Cashews, Nutritional Yeast, Garlic Powder, Salt Salad, Garnishes, Fennel Pollen Grissini
- Salad – Little Gem Lettuce, Shaved Fennel, Shaved Turnips, Carrots, Red Onions, Sheery Viniagrette
- Breadsticks – Flour, Olive Oil, Yeast, Molasses, Water, Fennel Pollen, Eggs, Old Bay
- Cookies – Flour, Brown Sugar, Sugar, Salt, Baking Soda, Eggs, Vanilla, Vanilla Paste, Choc Chips. Cookies are not vegan.
Instructions / Storage
- Kit ships fresh with ice packs, may thaw during transit.
- Upon arrival, store kit in the refrigerator.
- Kit lasts up to 2-3 days in the refrigerator.
- Bring 1- 1 ½ gallons of water to a boil in a large pot (be sure to season the water with a generous amount of salt).
- Open the pasta bag and pour the contents into the pot.
- After a few seconds, stir the pasta to be sure the noodles are not cooking together (it’s important to stir the pasta in the water every couple of minutes while cooking.).
- Cook for 5-6 minutes or until the pasta is cooked through.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place uncovered foil container with hen of the woods mushroom in the oven to warm (5-10 minutes) or until hot throughout.
- Heat mushroom bolognese in a large saucepan until heated through.
- Strain the pasta in a colander, but reserve some of the pasta water in the pan, just about ¼ cup, it does not need to be precise.
- Add the pasta back to the pan with mushroom bolognese.
- Bring the pasta and the sauce up to a simmer, stirring gently.
- Season with salt and pepper and some extra virgin olive oil.
- If desired, add 1 tsp of butter (not included) to the pan as well (this will add a little richness to the pasta dish).
- Portion the pasta with the sauce on two plates or two coupe bowls, add hen of the woods mushrooms, and finish with cashew parmesan.
- Serve and enjoy!
- In a large bowl, toss greens and market vegetables with the desired amount of sherry vinaigrette.
- Season with salt and pepper and enjoy!
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 300°F.
- Bake for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Thacher & Rye ships Wednesday and Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.