Ah, Taylor Ham. That delicious “not quite bacon, not quite sausage” breakfast meat that seemingly powers the entire state of New Jersey. Walk into any NJ deli and at the top of the menu will be a Taylor Ham, Egg and Cheese sandwich on a hard (aka round) roll. Count on it. New Jerseyans sure have been since John Taylor first produced the stuff in the late 19th century. Not much has changed since, as Taylor Provisions is still pumping out the best pork roll you can find in the state.
- Each 3 lb roll of Taylor Ham arrives in a thin canvas and plastic wrapped bag and will serve dozens of portions depending on how thick you cut it
Instructions / Storage
- Taylor Ham can be kept in the refrigerator up until the stamped expiration date and in the freezer for up to two months
- Taylor Ham arrives in a roll like salami and, after peeling back the canvas case, should be sliced with a knife to your desired thickness- typically ranging from paper thin to Canadian bacon
- A common practice is to slice four cuts from the outer edges inwards about a 1/2 inch towards the center, evenly spaced around the circumference. These cuts leave the cooked piece looking like an old fireman’s badge and prevent the Taylor Ham from curling up in the middle while cooking.
- Although fully cured, Taylor Ham is generally pan fried and served along side eggs or as the base of an egg and cheese sandwich.
- Season with SPK (Salt, Pepper, Ketchup) as desired
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Taylor ham ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.