Famous Cioppino and Dungeness Crab Cake Dinner for 2
Enjoy a classic Tadich Grill seafood dinner for 2 featuring both their famous Cioppino and Dungeness Crab Cakes.
Start your meal with Dungeness Crab Cakes, topped with house aioli and Old Bay Butter sauce. Then indulge in Tadich Grill’s famous Cioppino – a cornucopia of the sea in a bowl. San Francisco’s original seafood stew is made with a deep red tomato garlic basil broth is filled with huge pieces of crab, clams, shrimp, scallops, mussels, and the catch of the day. And when we say “catch of the day” we mean it, the seafood at Tadich Grill is so fresh, the menu doesn’t have prices because they change each day depending on what the fishermen bring in!
Founded in 1849, Tadich Grill is the oldest continuously running restaurant west of the Mississippi River and the third oldest restaurant in the United States. Since the Gold Rush, Tadich has been serving up delicious local seafood and has been described as “a nostalgic shrine to local piscine tradition” by the New York Times. Now you can try this beacon of history that the James Beard Foundation gave the “America’s Classics Award.”
This package serves 2 people and includes:
- 2 Dungeness Crab Cakes (3.5 – 4 oz. each)
- Aioli and Old Bay Butter
- 1 Qt. Cioppino Base
- Catch of the Day
- Garlic butter
- Crab Cakes are uncooked
Celery, onions, parsley, basil, canned tomatoes, garlic, white wine, clam base, paprika, bay leaves, thai chile sauce, chipotle chiles in adobo, soy sauce, fish stock, oregano, black pepper, salt – all for the base. Garlic, olive oil, butter for sauteeing the fish. Prawns, clams, mussels, bay shrimp, crab, snapper/swordfish (white fish), scallops. Sweet french bread with garlic/EVOO/butter mixture for the garlic bread.
Facility that makes the bread for us makes nut breads as well.
Onions, leeks, celery, garlic, potato, basil, Dungeness crab meat, eggs, panko, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce for the crab cakes. Mayonnaise, shallots, lemon butter, lemon juice, lemon pepper seasoning, capers, dill for the aioli. Lemon butter sauce and old bay for the butter sauce.
Instructions / Storage
- The Cioppino & Crab Cakes ship frozen with ice packs, ice packs may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival cioppino may be kept refrigerated for up to 2 days
- Upon arrival crab cakes may be kept refrigerated for up to 3 days
- Heat the garlic butter until garlic is slightly brow
- Add the fresh fish and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Then add 1/4 cup of dry white wine
- Add clams and mussels and cook for 2 more minutes
- Add the cioppino base and bring it to a boil
- Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes
- Add crab and bay shrimp and cook for 2 more minutes until the crab and bay shrimp are heated
- Toast and brown garlic bread in oven under bake or broil
- Serve and enjoy!
- In a shallow sautee pan, heat 1 Tbs. of olive oil over medium heat
- Brown crab cake in pan, flip and brown te other side
- While crab cakes are cooking, gently warm old bay butter
- When crab cakes are done, place a spoon of old bay butter on the base of the plate, place crab cake on top and finish with a dollop of aioli. Enjoy!
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Tadich Grill ships Monday-Wednesday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping.
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.