Souvla has partnered with Black Sheep Foods to create this vegan “lamb” salad complete with plant-based lamb, cucumber, radish, pickled red onion, and feta cheese. Also included are lemon oregano vinaigrette and harissa-spiked yogurt sauce. Add lettuce of your choice to make it a salad, or tuck it all into one of the included pitas for an epic sandwich!
Souvla is a group of modern fast-fine Greek restaurants with locations throughout San Francisco, founded in 2014 by Charles Bililies. Inspired by casual souvlaki joints found throughout Greece, Souvla rotisserie-roasts naturally-raised meats and wraps them in housemade warm, fluffy pita bread with seasonal salads and Greek yogurt sauces. The word “souvla” means “spit” or “skewer” in Greek — the rod on which meat is roasted. Souvla’s fans also go wild for their signature frozen Greek yogurts, topped with traditional treats like baklava crumbles or sour cherry syrup from Greece.
This package serves 4-6 people and includes:
- Plant-Based Lamb (24 oz.)
- Harissa-Spiked Yogurt Sauce (8 oz.)
- Lemon Oregano Vinaigrette (4 oz.)
- Cucumber (5 oz.)
- Radish (5 oz.)
- Pickled Red Onion (5 oz.)
- Feta Cheese (4 oz.)
- 6 Pitas (each 4 oz.)
- Choose to make kit into a salad (lettuce of your choice not included) or a sandwich
- Choose to add Souvla Hot Sauce (5 oz.)
- Choose to add a Souvla Pin!
Water, Texturized Pea Protein, High Oleic Sunflower Oil, Refined Cocoa Butter, Refined Coconut Oil, 2% Or Less Of: Methylcellulose, Natural Flavors, Potato Starch, Rice Protein Concentrate, Vegetable Fiber, Mushroom Extract, Potassium Chloride, Salt, Beetroot Juice Powder, Vegetable Juice Color, Pomegranate Skin Extract, Ascorbic Acid.
Instructions / Storage
- Items ship fresh with ice packs, may thaw during transit.
- Upon arrival, place meat in the refrigerator or in the freezer.
- Meat lasts up to 5 days in the refrigerator or up to 2 weeks in the freezer.
- Upon arrival, place remaining items in the refrigerator, do not freeze.
- Remaining items last up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
- Hot sauce lasts up to 6 months in the refrigerator after opening.
Salad – Preparation
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut or rip purchased kale off its rib/stem (not included).
- Chop romaine lettuce (not included) and kale into equal, bite-sized pieces.
- Remove plastic wrap from meat container and place the covered container in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove the top from the container and mix contents with a spoon.
- Place the cover back onto the container and cook for another 10-15 minutes (you will know meat is ready when it is hot all the way through and the marinade is simmering).
- Remove meat from the oven.
Salad – Assembly
- Dress romaine/kale mix with equal parts lemon oregano vinaigrette and Greek Yogurt Sauce (reserve some vinaigrette to use as a finishing dressing).
- Add a pinch of kosher salt to the salad mix.
- With a large spoon, place approx. 1 cup of meat on your salad.
- Spread mixed vegetables evenly over the top of the salad.
- With either a spoon or your hands, sprinkle cheese evenly over the top of the salad.
- Finish with a drizzle of vinaigrette.
Sandwich – Preparation
- Heat a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat.
- Add frozen Souvla-spiced Black Sheep Lamb to heated pan and sear on all sides until golden brown and cooked through, about 5-6 minutes.
- In a dry pan over medium-high heat, toast your pita one at a time, cooking both sides for 2 minutes until lightly toasted. If you prefer, toast the pitas on a baking sheet in your oven for 4-5 minutes.
Sandwich – Assembly
- Spread a generous spoonful of greek yogurt dressing on one side of the warmed pitas.
- Toss your salad mix with equal parts vinaigrette and yogurt sauce. Add a pinch of kosher salt. Save some vinaigrette to finish the salad.
- With a large spoon, scoop approximately 1 cup of freshly cooked Black Sheep Lamb onto your pita or salad. Add all of your fresh toppings and sprinkle cheese evenly over your sandwich or salad. Garnish with pea shoots, then finish with a drizzle of vinaigrette.
- Souvla ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.