Set in the heart of Indianapolis, Smoking Goose continuously brings new world flavors to the old world craft of curing meat. Each batch of meat, salume or sausage is slow cured and smoked with the best ingredients to create layers of flavor. This collection features Smoking Goose’s top selling salumi. Perfect for any party or for the charcuterie lover to enjoy some new meat treats!
- This Salumi Collection serves 10-14 people
- Salame can be kept at room temperature until opening which makes it prime for putting in your picnic basket, lunch box, movie snack pack, holiday package and so much more.
- Gin & Juice Salame (7-9 oz. unsliced) – Pasture raised lamb and pork blended with crushed juniper berries and orange zest. Delightfully different and perfect as a bloody mary garnish!
- Stagberry Salame (7-9 oz. unsliced) – Pasture raised elk and Indiana pork aged with dried blueberries and local dry mead (honey wine) from Indiannapolis’ own New Day Craft. Sweet, mild and pairs perfectly with rosemary honey!
- Rust Belt Salame (5-6 oz. unsliced) – An homage to our midwest roots—we blend single source, heritage breed hogs with nutmeg and lemon peel to make this sec style salame that is then cold smoked over whiskey barrels. A perfect start for those new to charcuterie!
Gin & Juice Salame: pork, lamb, sea salt, dextrose, spices (juniper berries, coriander, orange peel, garlic, black peppercorns), water, vegetable powder (celery juice, sea salt), lactic acid starter culture, natural beef casings
Stagberry Salame: elk shoulder, pork shoulder, pork fat, dry mead (honey wine), spices (sea salt, dried blueberries, garlic, dextrose, black pepper, honey), water, vegetable powder (celery juice, sea salt), lactic acid starter culture, natural beef casings
Rust Belt Salame: pork shoulder, pork fat, sea salt, dextrose, lactose, spices (white pepper, garlic, lemon peel, nutmeg, clove, cinnamon), vegetable powder (celery juice, sea salt), lactic acid starter culture, natural casings
Instructions / Storage
- Smoking Goose meats are cured or smoked then vacuum sealed and shipped with ice packs which may thaw partially or fully during transit (dry ice is used in warmer weather). They arrive ready to serve
- Salumi can be kept at room temperature until serving. Once opened, store in the refrigerator for up to 6 months from the packed-on date marked
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Smoking Goose ships Monday through Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.