Set in the heart of Indianapolis, Smoking Goose continuously brings new world flavors to the old world craft of curing meat. Each batch of meat, salume or sausage is slow cured and smoked with the best ingredients to create layers of flavor. Build the perfect charcuterie board at home with the three unique meats from this collection—Pig & Fig Terrine, Gin & Juice Salame and Rust Belt Saucisson. Pair with crackers, cheese and (of course) wine for a perfect night in!
Sinde 2011, Smoking Goose Meatery has been continuously bringing New World flavors to the Old World craft of curing meat. Each batch of meat, salume, or sausage is slow cured and smoked with the best ingredients to create layers of flavor. Founded by Chris Eley in the heart of Indianapolis, Indiana, Smoking Goose Meatery uses rabbit, elk, and lamb instead of the usual pork or turkey, yielding unique flavor combinations like elk and blueberry salame or smoked duck, pear, and Port sausage. Eley was awarded the Good Food Award in 2015 and Smoking Goose won two national Good Food Awards in 2019.
This Charcuterie Collection serves 12-16 people and includes:
- Pig & Fig Terrine (8 oz. slice) country-style pork pate: dried figs, cinnamon, ginger, cloves
- *Wild Fennel Sausage (4 links) – smoked pork sausage with Magnifici del Mezzogiorno fennel seeds from Calabria, Italy, plus anise seed, sage, crushed chilies, and red wine.
- Rust Belt Saucisson (4-6 oz.) – Hard-working history, renaissance spirit: our Rust Belt Saucisson hits close to home. 100% purebred Duroc pork from fourth-generation Gunthorp Farms in LaGrange, Indiana, is blended with white pepper, garlic, lemon peel, nutmeg, clove, and cinnamon before cold-smoking over applewood, hickory, and barrel staves
Fennel Sausage: pork shoulder, pork fat, pork skin (cooked), salt, cane sugar, spices (black pepper, sage, red pepper, fennel seeds, anise seeds, paprika, crushed red chiles, cayenne pepper), red wine, vegetable powder (celery juice, sea salt), water, natural hog casings)
Pig & Fig Terrine (8oz slice): country-style pork pate: dried figs, cinnamon, ginger, cloves
Rust Belt Saucisson: pork, white pepper, garlic, lemon peel, nutmeg, clove, and cinnamon
Instructions / Storage
- Smoking Goose meats are cured or smoked then vacuum sealed and shipped with ice packs which may thaw partially or fully during transit (dry ice is used in warmer weather). They are fully cooked and arrive ready to serve
- Upon arrival, place sausage and terrine in the refrigerator. Sausage can be store in the refrigerator for up to 35 days from the packed-on date marked, while the terrine can be stored for 28 days
- Salame can be kept at room temperature until serving. Once opened, store in the refrigerator for up to 6 months
- Smoking Goose ships Monday through Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.