Set in the heart of Indianapolis, Smoking Goose continuously brings new world flavors to the old world craft of curing meat. Each batch of meat, salume or sausage is slow cured and smoked with the best ingredients to create layers of flavor. This Bacon Collection has everything you need to set up the best brunch in town!
This Bacon Collection serves 12-16 people and includes:
- Applewood Bacon (12 oz. sliced) – Pork Belly cured with Indiana maple syrup, cane sugar and sea salt. Smoked over apple and hickory wood
- Jowl Bacon (12 oz. sliced) – Pork jowl cured with Indiana maple syrup, sea salt and crusted with coriander and black peppercorn. Smoked over apple and hickory wood
- Bacon Bits (8 oz.) – Pork belly cured with Indiana maple syrup and brown sugar, then diced to bits
- Pancetta Tesa (8 oz. unsliced) – Pasture raised pork belly cured with bay leave, junniper berries, peppercorns, garlic, red wine and nutmeg. Use as a base to traditional Italian sauces or slice thinly and serve as a crudo item with lemon and herb coated goat cheese
Applewood Bacon: pork belly, sea salt, cane sugar, brown sugar, maple syrup, vegetable powder (celery juice, sea salt)
Jowl Bacon: pork jowls, sea salt, cane sugar, brown sugar, maple syrup, spices (coriander, black pepper), vegetable powder (celery juice, sea salt)
Bacon Bits: pork belly, Indiana maple syrup, brown sugar
Pancetta Tesa: pork belly, sea salt, brown sugar, spices (chopped garlic, juniper berries, black pepper, bay leaves, nutmeg), red wine, vegetable powder (celery juice, sea salt)
Instructions / Storage
- Smoking Goose meats are cured or smoked then vacuum sealed and shipped with ice packs which may thaw partially or fully during transit (dry ice is used in warmer weather). They are fully cooked and arrive ready to serve
- Upon arrival, place bacon in the refrigerator. Bacon can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 45 days from the packed-on date marked
- To serve bacon later, place in the freezer immediately upon arrival. Allow meat to thaw in the refrigerator overnight before serving. We do not recommend freezing sausages or chorizo
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Smoking Goose ships Monday through Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.