If you think about Korean BBQ, there is no way you can start the conversation without BULGOGI. Translated to “FIRE MEAT”, Bulgogi is the epitome of Korean flavors and meat combined in one perfect dish. The sizzling sounds of Bulgogi on the grill, the bbq smell that permeates the room, accompanied by the sides and “ssam” which is basically stuff you can wrap the bulgogi with, is what sets the tone for an unforgettable Korean meal.
Back in 2010, brothers Yong and Ted Kim started crafting Korean-inspired sausages in their kitchen. Their signature sausages quickly began to pick up buzz at the farmers markets, wineries, and parties where they popped up, so the Kims decided to quit their advertising jobs, officially launch Seoul Sausage Company, and audition for Food Network’s Great Food Truck Race season 3, which they won! Since then, Seoul Sausage Co. has gone full-throttle in their embrace of big, bold, Korean-American flavors that have taken the City of Angels by storm.
This package serves 4-6 people and includes:
- White Rice (32 oz)
- Bulgogi (24 oz)
- Ssam Jang (4 oz)
- Sliced Garlic & Jalapenos (4 oz)
- Kimchi (16 oz)
- Whole Red Leaf Lettuce
- 8 Perilla Leaves
- Choose to add more Bulgogi (24 oz.)
- Ssam Jang – Pepper paste, soybean paste, sugar, sesame
- Bulgogi – Beef, soy sauce, garlic, pepper, mirin, ginger, onion, sugar, sesame oil
- Kimchi – Napa Cabbage, Carrot, Sugar, Red Pepper Powder, Garlic, Green Onion, Onion, Ginger
- Sliced Garlic & Jalapenos
- Red Leaf Lettuce
- Perilla Leaf
- Rice – White Rice, Medium Grain Calrose Rice
Instructions / Storage
- Kit ships frozen with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival, put all contents in the refrigerator
- Bulgogi Beef can be placed in the freezer for up to 3 months
- All sides must be consumed within 2-3 days
- Microwave rice in container for 1 to 1.5 min (leave lid slightly open)
- Cook bulgogi on a pan (over high heat) until it begins to caramelize & the meat begins to get a brown color
- (While Bulgogi is cooking) Arrange the kimchi, garlic + jalapeños and ssamjang on a single or separate plates
- Arrange the red leaf lettuce and perilla leaves into a plate (they are pre-washed)
HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT wrap aka “SSAM”
- Take a red leaf lettuce, add a perilla leaf on top, add a small spoonful of rice, add ssamjang, add a slice of jalapeño + Garlic, add kimchi, and of course the bulgogi – fold and squeeze into your mouth for that perfect bite!
PRO TIP 1
- Add toasted sesame seeds and sliced green onions TO BULGOGI for garnish (if available)
PRO TIP 2
- Sautee the kimchi to unlock even more flavor for your SSAM
- Seoul Sausage ships Monday, Wednesday, & Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.