From Southern family reunions and church supper, the secret is out. This classic cake is made up of three brilliant layers of crimson, redolent of creamery butter, fresh eggs, cocoa and vanilla. It is then hand-frosted with Savannah’s fluffy, light-as-a-cloud cream cheese frosting and studded with roasted pecan pieces.
- Each cake is 8 inches and serves 10-12 people
- This arrives in a branded box. Perfect for a gift!
Cake Base (Sugar, Enriched Wheat Flour Bleached [Flour, Niacin, Reduced iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid], Dry Egg Whites, Soybean Oil, Cocoa Processed with Alkali, Leavening [Baking Soda, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Sodium Aluminum Phosphate, Monocalcium Phosphate, Aluminum Sulfate], Food Starch Modified, Dry Egg Yolk, Propylene Glycol Mono & Diesters of Fatty Acids, Mono & Diglycerides, Dextrose, Salt, Sorbitan, Monostearate, Nonfat Milk Solids, Nonfat Dry Milk, Red 40, Natural and Artificial Flavor, Soy Lecithin, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Polysorbate 60, Water, Corn Syrup, Polysorbate 80, Glycerin, Caramel Color) Soy Salad Oil, Vanilla Extract. Cream Cheese Icing (Sugar, Partially Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil [Soybean and/or Palm Oils], Corn Starch, Water, Mono & Diglycerides, Polysorbate 60, Salt, Glycerine, Propylene Glycol, Artificial Flavor), Cream Cheese (Pasturized Milk and Cream, Cheese Culture, Salt, Stabilizers [Carob Bean and/or Xanthan and/or Guar Gums]), Pecan Pieces. Contains Wheat, Milk, Egg, Soy, Pecans
Instructions / Storage
This cake ships frozen, on dry ice. Upon arrival unwrap and let thaw at room temperature. This cake can be enjoyed for up to 5 days in the refrigerator or stored in the freezer for up to 6 months.Download Storage and Prep Instructions
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Savannah’s Candy Kitchen ships Monday-Friday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.